BYOB restaurants in Sheffield Megathread

So I'm going out with 7 friends tomorrow night on Ecclesall Road, and they want to go to a *preferably* cheap and Italian restaurant (doesn't have to be Italian) where they can bring their own bottle of wine. I was just wondering if anybody had any suggestions? :)

La Luna close to Banner Cross by the pot painting place does nice Italian food and BYO with no corkage. Some have said the service is a bit rubbish but I've never had any issues. Kitos at Woodseats are also a good Italian BYO.

I am the owner of Vittles Cafe / Bistro at Broomhill. Although we sell wine we also accept people bringing their own wine (open thurs,fri, sat from 6pm). There is no corkage charge and we hope that the food is excellent as it's sourced locally and cooked fresh.

We do not allow peeps to bring their own beer/lager though. Check out the menu on our website http://vittlescafe.com/bistro/

Please feel free to bring your own wine to Xenophily Cafe 655 Ecclesall Road. We are a Turkish Syrian Restaurant who caters for Vegan and Gluten free diets. No corkage fee. Check us out on Twitter and Tripadvisor....

We all have a view on BYO, personally I have been to restaurants where I've paid a fortune for wine and the food has been average. Then again I've been to restuarants where the food has been way above average. Then again I can vice versa these scenarios, it depends where you go.

Bring your own wine allows people to eat out more often for less money.

It's one way restaurants in Sheffield are trying to keep busy.

Many licensed restaurants now offer byo wine to keep customers coming in.

Some, like us at Otto's, offer both options. It doesn't mean our wine is no good, or our food for that matter. We just prefer to offer people the choice.

We couldn't possibly stock the range of wines needed to suit everyone's taste or everyone's budget so it works well for us and our customers.

Licences for alcohol sales are restricted to the area defined in the premises licence plan issued by Sheffield City Council and approved by the police, Fire Service, etc. Ours is for downstairs but not for upstairs. To apply for an extension to our alcohol licence would require structural changes to the building that we only lease but don't own. It would be difficult to get a return on such an investment in the current economic climate.

Everyone has their own view on byo wine but it seems to be very popular with our customers and I can't see that changing while everyone seems to be looking to cut their living costs but not their standard of living.

Regards

Tad1

Co-owner of Otto's

If you like Chinese then The Noodle Inn on London Road is the best Chinese restaurant in Sheffield, in my opinion. You can take your own wine there, as we do. Unpretentious, friendly and superb food.

Ignore all the high-horse 2-bob snobs. Restaurant wine is expensive and not everyone can afford it. We certainly can't. I'd rather pay what we can afford for great food and take a bottle of decent wine along, rather than bumping up the bill by £20. Free corkage is nothing new and certainly nothing to be looked down upon.

learn to spell owned:roll::roll:

Why, when "pwned" is the more accurate term in internet parlance?

Pwned again ;)