Just fed up of job hunting

Desperate to find a new job, looking around, been mucked about by 3 companies and one particular agency.

Got turned down by Capita for not having enough experience in pensions and then set someone who works with me who only started last year.

So fed up, I work hard, I'm a damn good team leader but can't get anything at all. No chance of progression where I work for at least two years and want a new challenge. Yet everything I touch currently turns to poo!

I have been looking for a job for 6 months! I am a university graduate and have got 7 years experience! Its hard these days.

I've got some questions regards your application methods, skills and self marketing techniques, how you are sourcing vacancies, how the interviews have gone etc.

google 'the impact CV Sheffield ' and send an enquiry via email and I'll see if I can help.

Thanks

out of work for 4 months now, hopefully things will pick up soon

Everywhere is the same. I work in education and all of the jobs advertised are temporary. In times like this you've got to be confident that your job is secure. I'm desparate to progress and move on, i need extra cash, but at least i have a job. Many people don't.

I have been looking for a job for 6 months! I am a university graduate and have got 7 years experience! Its hard these days.

I feel your pain! 5 months looking for work now, I have a degree, two diplomas, all my GCSE's, an 8-year work history, volunteering and tons of club/gig promotion experience. At the moment, I'm being knocked back for the sort of jobs I used to have no trouble walking into before university. And there's nothing more frustrating than spending 2 hours writing an in depth application for a job you desperately want, to never receive a reply.

It will get better though. It has to, doesn't it...?

Edited by Rushup

ye i am fed up of sittin on my ass need a job so i can get my driveing test lol it boarin

what gets me is that i've applied for jobs and not had any replys, what up with Employers are they ignorant

keep looking. I was in the same situation as you earlier in the year and i felt very disappointed and wasn't getting anywhere.

I submitted hundreds of applications , and had a load of interviews, which i kept getting told that i was 2nd on their list , but as i had been out of the country for the past year and since i had not done any admin work that was the reason i was being turned down.

I found the whole situation VERY frustrating , however i did get lucky after about 4 months of being unsuccessful.

I think the best advice i can give is not to apply for every job that you see advertised (as thats what i did for a while) , but apply for ones that you think you will be interested in and spend time perfecting your CV, cover letter & do a draft person specification.

Things will get better

Good Luck :)

oh yea , as stupid as it sounds. Think about what questions you may likely get asked during interview (ie such as why do you want this position, what can you bring to the role, describe a situation where you have excelled etc ) , then think about your answers and practice with someone at home before you go for interview.

It helps things stick in your mind , and stops you being so nervous in the interview as certain statements will stand out in your mind .

In interviews you sometimes find it's not what you say its how you say it and who it is delivering it.

A bit of a cliche but if you know how to listen to what someone is saying rather than just hear it that can help

team leaders need a positive mental attitude and your post on this forum hardly exudes optimism or enthusiasm. there are jobs out there but you need to get in fast. most vacancies are closed when 300 applications have been received. that means that 299 rejections have to be financed which is not good sense to do in the current climate.

if you cannot get in at team leader level, swallow your pride and apply for a lower position with the companies who have rejected you. they may be impressed with your persistence enough to give you a tryout.

remember wherever you were on the ladder, you are now back at the bottom but you can use your experience to get back to the top, but you must step onto the bottom rung first!

i would like to be prime minister one day but it will be a long haul as the ladder keeps going missing and the rungs are currently propping up the current incumbents. i am always hopeful and optimistic that i will get there, one day.

"what you get is not quite what you chose" quote from "how long" by "the Eagles"

good luck!