Sign in to follow this  

Where can I get an area review from?

Hi

I remember before i moved to sheffield i went to a website that had a review for almost all the major roads and area in the uk (i live off london road so i remember typing that in and getting reviews of london road) but i can't find any site like that any more.

My brother wanted to buy a really nice big house he had seen for only 75k in sheffield s5 but i am trying to find out what the catch is.

All the houses in that area are around that price and are really big, there has to be a cath, it must be a unsafe area but i can't find information any where.

(the only site i found was upmystreet.com but the only have city information, i CANT BELEIVE the council estate i lived in in london has less crime then this private s8 area i live in)

Yeah, the crime figures are all lumped in together :mad:

Upmystreet has undergone a revamp recently, so looks nothing like it did. There's a chance that it is actually the site you think you're looking for

(if that's not too confusing)

Its better to ask around and get a feel for a place rather than listen to statistics - but thats just my opinion!

I only recently moved to Sheffiled and don't know many people (i know my trainer and one other guy :) so i thought i would ask here.

I actually made a post that asked peoples opinion on s5 area and got no replies.

Originally posted by nedster636

Its better to ask around and get a feel for a place rather than listen to statistics - but thats just my opinion!

People will usually talk up their area but statistics often tell the truth. The best thing to do to gauge an area is look at the statistics (house prices, crime figures, demographic profile, etc) and also spend a while driving around the area for a few nights to gauge the amount of "yoof" activity.