New Class Timetable @ GB Sheffield

First beginner session in the new format last night and it was a good session.

Onewheeldave it's a great time to start now as John has started to use the full Gracie Barra fundamentals programme so you'll have the benefit of learning the basics and getting to know the game inside out early on. Another good thing John does is make all the blue and purple belts who attend pair up with the white belts so you're almost getting one to one tuition if your lucky.

The final thing is the lack of ego on the mat, no one get's carried away and it's a good atmosphere to learn in without getting hurt.

Hope to see you tomorrow or Thursday.

Russ

Totally agree with Russ. The new format is much more involved and the experienced guys really help. The one on one training i had with John, Russ, Pete and Lanky Rob really helped last night. This club is the mutts nuts.

chaz

First beginner session in the new format last night and it was a good session.

Onewheeldave it's a great time to start now as John has started to use the full Gracie Barra fundamentals programme so you'll have the benefit of learning the basics and getting to know the game inside out early on. Another good thing John does is make all the blue and purple belts who attend pair up with the white belts so you're almost getting one to one tuition if your lucky.

The final thing is the lack of ego on the mat, no one get's carried away and it's a good atmosphere to learn in without getting hurt.

Hope to see you tomorrow or Thursday.

Russ

So how come I spend my life getting hurt?? :huh:

Because God doesn't love you:hihi:

Do beginners need their own Gi to come to the first session, or are there spare jackets to use?

You don't need a gi. There's loads of spare jackets. I'm going tomorrow night as I missed class tonight due to work. So, if you are there please introduce yourself. Noel

doh! friday is the hard to get to anything day for me. looked forward to the no gi sessions coming back for ages too :(

So how come I spend my life getting hurt?? :huh:

because your old :-)

doh! friday is the hard to get to anything day for me. looked forward to the no gi sessions coming back for ages too

Wufu, who are you? I thought I knew everyone's login but yours is a new one to me and I'm racking my brains:huh:

PM me if you don't want to post it:thumbsup:

Wufu, who are you? I thought I knew everyone's login but yours is a new one to me and I'm racking my brains:huh:

PM me if you don't want to post it:thumbsup:

Its Will , probally wont know me , I used to come to the No gi BJJ classes with me mate Gaz.

I am the small Chinese bloke who gets crushed all the time :hihi:

Ah yeah I think I remember. You want to get down to the fundamentals classes mate. As Noel says there are loads of gi jackets available and the gi game is similar to no gi, there's just more to hold on to. I understand a lot of people prefer no gi (I do myself) but working hard on your gi game will make you a better grappler all round (In spite of what Eddie Bravo might say:hihi:)

Good luck tonight with the class Greg!

I'm sure it'll be a good'un