Eco-houses in Sheffield

Anyone know of any eco-homes built in Sheffield? I would be even more interested if there have been any eco-house developments that have been for sale or rent...I cant find any, none of the estate agents know of any...

I am about to start an eco-flat development, that will be for sale early next spring...but really need to speak to some developers who have had any experience or feedback they can share with me. I can find some elsewhere, just would be nice to find a local site or developer...

I also need any LOCAL tradepeople with eco-building experience or INTEREST (i.e. would be willing to train-up or learn about new techniques/products) who would like to be involved in such a project. Looking for - plumber (with solar panel installation experience), electrician (with PV panel experience and non pvc cable), plasterer (who can lime render and plaster) decorator (who can use eco-paints, oils and stains) plus any local material suppliers (local wood supplier etc).

Cheers

Matt

heard there were plans to build some at Norfolk Park next year if that helps...

Maybe you could look at Paxton Court at Gleadless (There have been houses for sale in the past). That was a self build eco house project a fair few years ago I believe.

Regards,

Ian

well basically i squat in sheffield, but theres no electric so im saving up for an 80w solar panel, should be mint as **** :)

Originally posted by scienide

well basically i squat in sheffield, but theres no electric so im saving up for an 80w solar panel, should be mint as **** :)

lol!

Cornerstone,

The eco - houses to be built on the Norfolk Park will be started in September. By sheer chance one of the guiding lights who was behind building Paxton Court at Gleadless will also be involved with the Norfolk Park development.

I'll ask the person concerned if he can give you any information but it will most likely be by PM means in view of the commercial implications etc.