Natural teething remedies

I have been told the Ashton and Parsons powders cannot fail to help relieve a babies teething pains. Any knowledge or advice please?

Yeah they seem to be of some benefit to my lo. :)

They chill mine out and stop him screaming the house down mainly, I don't think they help with the pain, but at least it tends to get a bit quieter!

I swear by them :)

Thanks, I have given soem to my LO a short while ago and it may be coincidence, but she certainly seems less fretful. I wonder if its the curiousity of the texture in her mouth, but hey, I'll try anything....

the powder is great for many babies - nelsons do it, as do many own brands - its very popular. For older babies there is something like a biscuit on a string but much harder... I've not used it myself but others have successfully.

Additionally, there are things like frozen carrot to chew on or similar. If baby is breastfed, a feed will work wonders too. :)

Weleda Chamomilla granules/drops are supposed to be good. I beleive you can get them from Alton and James on Sharrow Vale Road.

I've just bought an amber teething necklace. The baltic amber beads apparently warm up on contact with skin and release calming essential oils (as well as 'aligning chakras' and all sorts of other stuff that's a bit dubious IMO, including 'drawing disease out of the body', whatever that means).

They've been reccomended to me, but so far I am reserving judgement. DD hasn't started teething in earnest yet anyway.

The powders help stabilise the stomach acids rather than help with sore gums... chewing on your thumb/finger helps with this! Astons has always helped with our little one's nappy rashes and tummy pains, no more, no less.