Woodland clearing High Green - Westwood

Does anyone know what the woodland clearing is for at Westwood ?

The clearing seems to be road sort of width between the pond at the back of Thorncliffe Park and Westwood park. It's had a devistating effect on the local woodland. It looks like some sort of access road but they have taken it within 1/4 of mile of the A616 which I would have though would have been a better access route. It just looks like a bulldozer has ploughed right through the middle of the woods.

I know there was talk of the wind turbines going up at Westwood but I thought that was rejected.

Lisa

Edited by brammer

I heard a rumour from one of the site engineers that it is going to be a purpose built moto cross track for all Mr Benns mate's :hihi::hihi:

I heard a rumour from one of the site engineers that it is going to be a purpose built moto cross track for all Mr Benns mate's :hihi::hihi:

I heard it was gonna be a mosque:hihi:

I heard it was gonna be a mosque:hihi:
For left handed muslims ??

Scarpers !....................................

Don't quite understand why you felt the need to reply to this post. I am just trying to find out what's happening so I can explain to my 7 year old who was in floods of tears because they were cutting down the woods. Can you not find something better to do with your time.

Don't quite understand why you felt the need to reply to this post. I am just trying to find out what's happening so I can explain to my 7 year old who was in floods of tears because they were cutting down the woods. Can you not find something better to do with your time.
Please accept my apologies brammer, I spotted something that was humourous and acted with haste, It wont happen again Honest !! ;):(

I think they're building a new pond.... presumably they'll put everything back right when they've finished :confused:

Mr Benn made reference to it in another thread..........

Have just looked at Mr Benn's post, I would be amazed if the forestry have had anything to do with it, I would think they would me more sympthetic to the woodland. The bit around the old pond is quite extensive so I could understand that being improved, plus it may help with the flooding issue in the thorncliffe industrial estate. But the clearing through the woods seems to have no point at all - they have gone from the old pond a good distance into the woods. The damage is about 20m wide and probably nearly a mile long. It does look more like a road clearing. As for putting it back, they have taken some pretty big old trees out. I just want to know what its for, I remember when I was a kid and they did the same to build the A616 and the industrial units 25 years ago. The end of warren lane used to be lovely and peaceful, I know its brought jobs to the area so I suppose there is an up side. I just hope they are not going to buy more industrial units when they can seem to fill the ones that are already there.

Have just looked at Mr Benn's post, I would be amazed if the forestry have had anything to do with it, I would think they would me more sympthetic to the woodland. The bit around the old pond is quite extensive so I could understand that being improved, plus it may help with the flooding issue in the thorncliffe industrial estate. But the clearing through the woods seems to have no point at all - they have gone from the old pond a good distance into the woods. The damage is about 20m wide and probably nearly a mile long. It does look more like a road clearing. As for putting it back, they have taken some pretty big old trees out. I just want to know what its for, I remember when I was a kid and they did the same to build the A616 and the industrial units 25 years ago. The end of warren lane used to be lovely and peaceful, I know its brought jobs to the area so I suppose there is an up side. I just hope they are not going to buy more industrial units when they can seem to fill the ones that are already there.

Have a dig around the planning sites on the council website, It's all on there.

It's a major developement to avoid flood damage affecting Chapeltown again so quickly. Its all on, drawings, dimensions, timescales AND rules and regs for returning the area to its natural wild state. No more industrial units are planned so no worries there.

Needs to be quite whatever it's going to be