Vegetarian cooking courses

I'm looking for a vegetarian cooking class/course in or around Sheffield!

Does anyone know of any as my endless internet searches are mainly in London!

Im verry into cooking but dont want to have to cook or touch meat!

Hi there. I've been looking myself. Don't know of anything in Sheffield. The nearest vegetarian cookery school is Cordon Vert run by The Vegetarian Society in Altrincham. They do lots of different short courses, mostly just one day but some are over a weekend with accommodation available. There is also an excellent Vegetarian Cookery School in Bath, run by Demuths. But you probably already know this if you've been searching. Best bet is probably to drop Coghlans Cookery School in Chesterfield a line and see if they would put an event on. Good luck.

If your into raw food (delicious in the hands of an expert) London or Brighton are the places. Dragonfly Cafe, Highgate, Manna Cafe, Brighton run regular courses. Nice places to visit as well. The food is lighter and more modern then The Vegetarian Society ones

I would love to do this too! Shame theres none in the area though..

Cooked from Cordon Vert cook books in the past and they were very good. They also have a lot of recipes on the web as well.

If you're competent in the kitchen then just buy a good cookbook.

I'd be interested in a local one if you find one. I wonder if the Old Vicarage would run one for us ? (and whether we could afford it !)

We are now offering seasonal vegetarian cookery and nutrition classes in central Sheffield. Only £49 per class which includes lunch (which you have cooked yourself). They are run by myself, Frank Boddy, and nutritionist Clare Shepherd, are very hands on, and lots of fun!

For more details and to book please see http://www.newlifenutrition.co.uk/%27Alive_and_Cooking%27/

I would recommend the 'Wild About Mushrooms' Vegetarian Society course on 24th Sept, as its 2 in 1, foraging for mushrooms then eating them. They also do a similar excellent 'Wild Food Foraging' course early in the year

I am launching a range of new cookery courses in the Peak District. Our vegetarian cookery day is on Thursday November 4th. We cater for small classes, it is a hands on cookery day with breakfast and lunch. You can also arrange your own group of friends and let me know what you would like to learn and we tailor make the day for you.

Have a look on the web under Brosterfield Farm.