Steel City Eight Ball pools news and results (part 2)

I did, let me know if it needs anything else adding??

It looks a bit like sheffieldnorthernpool.leaguerepublic.com in places.

I did, let me know if it needs anything else adding??

yes me on 111pts.:hihi:

Having entered the PPT this year, I noticed the lack of bodies from Dinnington thats entered, odd given that they have been fixtures and fittings of the tour in the last few years, and in the cases of MS,GM and VL, fairly succesfull with it.

What's happened there Fluffy?

I think i'll end up entering but i'll be the only 1. People are losing interest with pool in favour of golf and other things

Strangely no j.whelan either after picking up over 2k on it last year?

The PPt has a slightly unfamiliar look to it this year, it has seemingly struggled to get 64 entrants yet managed to attract 128 last year.

Having entered the PPT this year, I noticed the lack of bodies from Dinnington thats entered, odd given that they have been fixtures and fittings of the tour in the last few years, and in the cases of MS,GM and VL, fairly succesfull with it.

What's happened there Fluffy?

Not been on here for a few months so firstly Merry Xmas and Happy New Year to all fellow pool players. Hope its a good one for you all.

The PPT question for me can be answered in a couple of ways.Despite having had brilliant financial rewards from this tour( singo and me go halves and we have both won it in last 3 years), it is still a slightly frustrating tour. It does take about 4 hours between 1st and 2nd round matches, and then if you are lucky enough to get to the latter stages, then you have to play 3 games on the bounce without even time for a pee.

Also the other thing that I didnt like was that the Grand Final is perhaps watched by the lowest audience out of every game. When I beat Neil Davey in 2007, I think there was Singo and Aiden Owens watching, and in 2008 when Singo put Robbie Maxwell overboard, there was Vinny me and the cleaner jangling his keys waiting to lock up. No committee there for either final ! We were given the money and told to divvy it up when we had finished. To me that says that the format is just not right. Can't comment on 2009 final bcos I was away on holiday.

Plus the main reason is that I just dont have enough time to commit to the PPT.I have taken over our interleague side for 2009 and I am hoping for a big year and some big performances now that we have had a years honeymoon period.

I believe that we will have our strongest ever squad when the dust settles and it is time to show how good we can be in a very competitive interleague.Believe me, the interest in pool has never been higher from my personal point of view and I hope that the players will feel the same.

Our interleague may be 14 teams this year so that means at least one Sunday night every month, plus I have committed to playing county full time so that is another Sunday a month. Add on top of this my golfing tour commitments and I'm afraid that the PPT is well down the list of priorities.Good luck to all of you who are on in though.

All the best to you all in 2010- black or white, man or woman, blackball or EPA, Derbys or S Yorks.

Edited by gmck1989

Interesting post Glen and good luck on emulating Tiger Woods with the birdies and good luck with the golf too

Good post Glen as for the golf just make sure you dont go down the same fairway as Tiger and get clubbed all the best for the new year to you and your lass and the rest of the Dinno lads