More jobs or is it a blimp

there seams to be more jobs about lately is this the end of the credit crunch or just a blip???????????

dose anyone have any figures for sheffield employed,unemployed and self employed???????????

fully booked till end of aug

remember 10% discount to sheffieldfourum ./sheffield???? members

Hopefully not a blip but i've noticed more calls coming in. Fingers crossed we may have seen the worst of it!

Hopefully not a blip but i've noticed more calls coming in. Fingers crossed we may have seen the worst of it!

not had many jobs for kitchens lately but a few bathrooms and decking ;)

getting ready for the summer ...when it evntually comes.

I have been very quite the last 2 week but have had alot of quotes to do if they come bk im lookin like pickin up but to be honest it just seems to me everyone wanting work is abusin the credit crunch ? I have dropped prices alot but still not gettin alot of them due to people undercutting ect but thing is does our bank managers say ill let you pay £50 this month and forget the other £200 mate i know things are hard at min ? NOOOOOOOOOO LOL . We all have bills to pay and expensers ect to be a ligitermate tradesman , and i know for sure people sighning on are pinchin the work by £50 a day job ect i personally cant compete with this goin ons . Si personally i cant see things gettin better for a long time ive even been lookin for a fulltime job as im gettin really worried i could lose my house ect as short term im kk but long term not lookin good .

thats a shame m8, there is definately a lack of decent plasterers around . :(

and i know for sure people sighning on are pinchin the work by £50 a day job ect i personally cant compete with this goin ons

if that's the case then report them to the dss.

thats a shame m8, there is definately a lack of decent plasterers around . :(

Honesty always best policy mate in my eyes and do a top job for your customers , shame theres a load out there that dont care about how they treat peoples propertys , but truth be known the 4 day courses ect are killing genuine tradesman and always will whilst there blobbin on aswell . So for me not pickin at momement.:confused:

just dig ur heels in m8 its the same with plumbing the 6 month courses its driving the trade crackers.

it amazes me how many installs i go to were its just plain dangerous,so called qualified engineers servicing dangerous appliances and putting them back into service spilling out fumes etc .

people are servicing now for 30 pound just to get in a house, thats 23 pound after tax. put it with the diesel and tools travel time etc i dont see a profit.

dont start me off .. i do have lots of axes to grind here.

i refuse to drop below my flat daily rate for same reasons as jhon if i not making a proffit even thou a small one then i might as well stay at home with my family and enjoy life..

on the other hand the doleies are taking alot of the work at cheap pricers but they dont last long need to hang fire.

my heels are dug in firmly! I'm still pricing the same rate as last year, if customers want a high quality job, guarantee and after care service then we should not be dropping prices to much (but of course we have bills and families to feed).

Booked up with large jobs until the start of October, room for 1-3 day jobs.

Any customers would like free quotes / advice then please contact me using the information below, thanks.

if that's the case then report them to the dss.

Its finding out who they are is problem but how can anyone price £50 a day for labour and diesel and tax ect i dont know who they are , but its there to see nobody can work for that price ligitamate , so its a no way situation .

But like jl heating said keep digging heels in i am but how long we can keep head above water only time will tell . Ive not dropped prices to much obviously i cant as few other people said we got familie to feed and bills to pay and i agree if customers want a good job they have to pay a fair price .