The best shop/business in Sheffield

I regularly shop at Just Natural in Crookes. I feel that this is an excellent fruit shop. The fruit is always beautifully presented, always fresh and I never come away with a disappointing item. The serving staff are relatively cheerful and knowledgeable too. It is clean with a good range.

A lot of work and care goes into making a business as good as this for customers, I hope the owners make a decent living out of it. I would guess they treat their staff fairly well (because they seem fairly happy at work).

Does anyone else have any suggestions for "excellent" businesses which go the extra mile provide such a good service?

I used to work there, and despite, ''I would guess they treat their staff fairly well (because they seem fairly happy at work)'' being an extreamly questionable statement, I am actually very proud to have said I worked there.

Indeed Nigel (the owner) makes a very decent living out of it, 3 holidays a year is always a bonus haha, but thats partly owing to the fact he pays his staff pittance...

However, saying this I worked there for three years, and must admit I did enjoy alot of it (possibly owing to the fact the staff was largly made up of my friends from school). It is a good shop, and despite a disagreement with myself and the owner, I am still pleased when I hear people saying good things about the place.

Brother 2 Brother

I have been going in this shop since the mid 90's and it has always been the place to go in sheffield for designer clothes.

Edited by vulpine

Abbots Cookshop on Abbeydale Road. Pete and Jim (and Chris) have a wealth of knowledge about cooking, are always very welcoming and ready to help with whatever question you have, however stupid it might be. If they don't have what you want in stock, they will order it for you.

One of my favourite places in Sheffield

Bardwells on Abbeydale Road. Sometimes its worth just going in to hear the banter and bickering between the people who run the place.

fusion organic cafe!

may be biased because I work there but check this out

our review in the "local check" section of now then

some background on our website

our all organic (except the fish) menu

'Our star product is our coffee, biodynamically produced and directly traded from Brazil. Our butter comes from a Welsh farmer's co-operative. The lamb in our pasties from our very own black Hebridean sheep in Eyam: herbs and salad also from Freeman College's gardens, with the rest of the vegetables, eggs and dairy coming from the Sheffield area, Lincolnshire and North Yorkshire. Fish is wild and fished sustainably usually sourced from the North East and Scottish coasts.

All of our other ingredients are certified Organic, and where possible locally sourced. We work directly with our small scale suppliers to create a co-beneficial link and support our local food heroes.'

Edited by komal
missed information out

Bardwells. Excellent.

You are having a laaaarrff aren't you? This is one of the worst ones. They are rude, supercillious(sp?) and unhelpful.

You are having a laaaarrff aren't you? This is one of the worst ones. They are rude, supercillious(sp?) and unhelpful

Must be you. They've been excellent every time I've been in there.

Must be you. They've been excellent every time I've been in there.

Well, to be fair, I haven't been in for a year or two - due to my previous experiences. Things can change.

Abbots Cookshop on Abbeydale Road. Pete and Jim (and Chris) have a wealth of knowledge about cooking, are always very welcoming and ready to help with whatever question you have, however stupid it might be. If they don't have what you want in stock, they will order it for you.

One of my favourite places in Sheffield

I agree with this - a very well run shop and knowledgeable with it:thumbsup:

fusion organic cafe!

may be biased because I work there .....'

then you cant of helped me! i like the idea of the cafe (though biodynamics is the biggest hijacking of a sensible, healthy movement (ie: organic food) by a bunch of quasi mystical hippies i have ever known), and the products are all nice, the service has been awful.

despite a truly staggering number of people behind the counter, only one ever seems to be serving, and they do that at snails pace. i have been there for lunch (and i work in furnival building, so i can all but see the cafe from my window), had but a pastry with a bean salad and a tin of ginger beer, and it has taken more than an hour! most of that was spent trying to buy a second drink.....gah!

i fear that without customers making a serious special effort to eat and drink there, fusion would be struggling.

edit: having said all this, it is much better than the prison cafe look alike that is nibblers. bleugh.

Edited by moke
realisation