Beware! Black cab taxi driver scam in Sheffield

Another taxi scam is the 24hour taxi, which is the most worrying as either the driver is working too many hours or another unlicensed driver is doing the work?

As someone quoted earlier not all bad, I got a taxi when we had the heavy snow and the driver went beyond where he said to get us closer to home. (would usually of walked but had to urgently get somewhere)

Had one the other day, not far and wanting a return trip (same distance).

£4.70 on way there, £5.70 on the way back. My mate gave him a tenner, saying we wouldnt begrudge him that, but I pointed out he was a robbing ******* as the fare should have been £3.50 there and £3.50 back, picked up his RCA leaflet detailing fare prices to prove him wrong.

Cheeky devil eh. Glad it wasn't me paying, I would have walked.

What you on about was u on a wait and return

Black cabs had 50p put on to the fare.

City and Mercury put 30p on the fare.

All three removed it, when the price went down. (and it hasn't gone up since)

;)

As for 60 pound an hour. :hihi:

You r laughin roll on Friday

Another taxi scam is the 24hour taxi, which is the most worrying as either the driver is working too many hours or another unlicensed driver is doing the work?

As someone quoted earlier not all bad, I got a taxi when we had the heavy snow and the driver went beyond where he said to get us closer to home. (would usually of walked but had to urgently get somewhere)

Mercury 350 drivers City 750 Drivers thats y they can cover 24 hours

From experience its usually the customer who is wrong, although i agree that there probably are some drivers who would try to scam some money out of a drunk customer (although rare).

Customers often genuinely believe that they have paid the fare in advance, which can lead to disputes at the end of a journey. On many occasions I have been given £10 notes and customers claim they have given £20.

On the contrary, when Ive asked customers for money in advance, on many occasions, upon arriving at the destination, they have totally forgotten they have already paid, and offer a £20 to pay again. When I remind them that they have already paid, I get a handshake, and a nice tip!!

You r laughin roll on Friday

Doesn't matter what happens Friday. I posted that yesterday, to correct a poster who wrote something that was factually incorrect. ;)

me thinks the taxi driver has been watching to many episodes of "the real hussle".