Season ticket sales - Owls

Sorry, maybe i should have added as a life long blade, i am 47, i lived in places where Blades were once a tourist attraction, places like Thorpe Hesley, Chapletown. etc.

30 years on the boot is on the other foot, for the last FIFTEEN years the tide has turned.

So i do remember when we were crap, the underdogs and less supported club in Sheffield. Thankfully i can not see those days returning in my lifetime.;)[/QUOT E]

Do you believe it, a blade posted and asked if I had renewed my season ticket? I answered politely, and both posts were deleted. Welcome to 1984. :confused:

Don't take any figure as the gospel truth.

I sent my application off at least 2 weeks ago, and it hasn't been processed yet.

They must be overwhelmed !

with what?????? must admit i drive past swillsborough everyday and its buzzin the queues are at least 2 people :hihi::hihi::hihi::hihi:

with what?????? must admit i drive past swillsborough everyday and its buzzin the queues are at least 2 people :hihi::hihi::hihi::hihi:

And you managed to get past, both of us will get you next time. :hihi:

Edited by crookesey
crap spelling, I blame it on the red wine

Don't take any figure as the gospel truth.

I sent my application off at least 2 weeks ago, and it hasn't been processed yet.

They must be overwhelmed !

Sorry, maybe i should have added as a life long blade, i am 47, i lived in places where Blades were once a tourist attraction, places like Thorpe Hesley, Chapletown. etc.

30 years on the boot is on the other foot, for the last FIFTEEN years the tide has turned.

So i do remember when we were crap, the underdogs and less supported club in Sheffield. Thankfully i can not see those days returning in my lifetime.;)[/QUOT E]

Do you believe it, a blade posted and asked if I had renewed my season ticket? I answered politely, and both posts were deleted. Welcome to 1984. :confused:

I know how you feel, I had a thread about Shrewsbury taking more to Bury than the Blades to Preston and that was removed, yet threads abour our poorish season ticket sales are allowed.

One rule for threads criticising Wednesday supporters and another for United.

wheres the news then that united have sold 18000 tickets? ive read it on 2 forums but have not seen it from the horses mouth

So i do remember when we were crap, the underdogs and less supported club in Sheffield. Thankfully i can not see those days returning in my lifetime.;)

Top club since 1994 eh? I must have missed that :confused:

wheres the news then that united have sold 18000 tickets? ive read it on 2 forums but have not seen it from the horses mouth

I read a quote from McCabe saying that United fans had bought season tickets in unprecedented numbers but exactly what that means I don't know. If we have sold 18 thou expect to hear about it officially very soon I would think.

I read a quote from McCabe saying that United fans had bought season tickets in unprecedented numbers but exactly what that means I don't know. If we have sold 18 thou expect to hear about it officially very soon I would think.

I'm not sure that it will be published, I still don't think the club have published how many tickets they sold for Wembley.

I'm not sure that it will be published, I still don't think the club have published how many tickets they sold for Wembley.

Maybe we didn't sell out at Wembley though so it doesn't look as good to announce it. 18 thou is a lot of season tickets to sell before May has even finished so if it's true it makes sense to announce it - bigger gates means a better atmosphere (usually anyway) so it should attract more fans to buy one as well.

Maybe we didn't sell out at Wembley though so it doesn't look as good to announce it. 18 thou is a lot of season tickets to sell before May has even finished so if it's true it makes sense to announce it - bigger gates means a better atmosphere (usually anyway) so it should attract more fans to buy one as well.

18 thousand is very,very good, but it is still a little bit of a misrepresentation of the strength of your support as they are very good value.

18 thousand is very,very good, but it is still a little bit of a misrepresentation of the strength of your support as they are very good value.

Maybe but we are in a recession and that's never going to be a good thing for ticket sales. Either way it's all about getting people in and boosting the clubs coffers and that's what's going to happen so it's good, if it's actually true.