Cars for sale on grass verges around Westfield/Waterthorpe

It seems to be the latest thing to sell cars from grass verges around Westfield/Waterthorpe/Sothall/Beighton. Surely there must be a bylaw about advertising cars as a business from council land? I'm surprised that Direct Cars haven't complained about this?

I dont know whos doing it,but i know someone who looked at the silver vectra,and to say the very least,it was a pup.

I dont know whos doing it,but i know someone who looked at the silver vectra,and to say the very least,it was a pup.

I know the silver Vectra you mean... 53 plate with a printed sign in the window. They are on all the corner grass verges now around that area. Surely this can't be right as this is using the public highway as a sales pitch. Can't be hard for the council to pin these people down as there is a mobile number in the window.

What's it matter ? some people need to get a life .

What's it matter????? So you agree with individuals setting up on private land, hawking their wares. Car Boot mentality where society takes a downward turn with your blessing!

Who'd be daft enough to buy one of them?Or even bother to enquire about them.

What's it matter????? So you agree with individuals setting up on private land, hawking their wares. Car Boot mentality where society takes a downward turn with your blessing!

Yep.............

Although I think your "society taking a downward turn" comment is a bit over the top.

Next thing you'll be saying it's funding drug gangs and terrorism.

It's someone trying to sell a car leaving their phone number , good luck to them.

Edited by alexjf

Yep.............

Although I think your "society taking a downward turn" comment is a bit over the top.

Next thing you'll be saying it's funding drug gangs and terrorism.

It's someone trying to sell a car leaving their phone number , good luck to them.

Perhaps you'd like to give me your address so I can set up a retail business in your front garden

Perhaps you'd like to give me your address so I can set up a retail business in your front garden

Why,who said anything about front gardens ?

how much for vectra seen as ya know so much cheers

Just surprised they've not been nicked or burnt out by now!

Why,who said anything about front gardens ?

You agreed with this statement...... "you agree with individuals setting up on private land, hawking their wares". It therefore follows that you wouldn't have any objection in me setting up a retail business in your front garden, it being private land.