Bit miffed about tradesman who don't show up

Why is it people advertise their trade wanting work. You make contact. They either don't bother to turn up or don't bother to send you their quote!!! :rant:

I've contacted 9 'tradesmen' Have had 5 people bother to turn up, and only one quote - what's going on??

Why is it people advertise their trade wanting work. You make contact. They either don't bother to turn up or don't bother to send you their quote!!! :rant:

I've contacted 9 'tradesmen' Have had 5 people bother to turn up, and only one quote - what's going on??

It is the same as some customers!

We spend a lot of our time discussing the proposed work, we then go away and spend our time typing up their proposed job, for us not to hear a word from them.

You can guarantee that 3 out of 10 quotes the customers do not even bother to say something like 'thanks for your time we have decided to use another builder'.

It is pretty sad because they have had your advice and ideas for free!

MF, its the customers choice to use who they want and get as many quotes as they want, there not going to contact you to tell you haven't got the job!!!

Our ideas and advise are always free.

Hayley, what work are you looking to get done? If its within our scope, I'll come out and quote and follow it up in writing for you. We are booking work for June at the moment if that helps.

I can see you point, but you'd think folk don't 'want' to work

Dan, I've Pm'ed you

MF, its the customers choice to use who they want and get as many quotes as they want, there not going to contact you to tell you haven't got the job!!!

Our ideas and advise are always free.

Hayley, what work are you looking to get done? If its within our scope, I'll come out and quote and follow it up in writing for you. We are booking work for June at the moment if that helps.

funny you should say that Dan, If I price a job for customers that have contacted me from other areas of advertising they will at least send me an e-mail letting me know they have received the quote and are looking at their options.

And of course it is the customers choice!

Hi please feel free to call us for a free quote Paul 07904341402 currently were working on 2 forum users properties and these are coming to the end now

See you tomorrow Hayley.

I would love to give you a quote. Honest and reliable and guarentee you'll be happy. Call me on 0114 2694013 mobile 07903961514

just smiled to myself here would it not be funny if they all turned up at the same time for the quote . :)

on a serious note most trades can look at a job and know if its worth quoting or not, i would personally not bother quoting after 8 other people had been to look at the same job.

............ i would personally not bother quoting after 8 other people had been to look at the same job.......

cos your gut feeling in these situations of "multiple" quotes is that the customer is looking for the cheapest quote ;)

correct andy, people look at the price rather than the guarantee,quality and back up service etc.

Did you get the fence done Hayley?

I know for a fact you got another quote on 28/04 (cause it was mine!).