Have you ever switched your loyalty?

slimsid2000

My dad was always a Wednesday fan when I was growing up, he used to go to Hillsbro as a lad. Then, when I was about 17 I talked him into coming to BDTBL and hes been a blade ever since. Says it all really!!!!!!

UTB

I'll be amazed if any one confesses to going over to the other side,I'm forty one and have been a Unitedite all my life,my old favver introduced me to a life of pain and heartache at an early age and looking back I would'nt have missed it for the world.I've never met anyone who's swopped sides apart from the odd kid whose's jumped on the ManU,Liverpool bandwagon.You support either United or Wednesday till the day you die otherwise in my opinion your a Judas like save face charactor.I remember going home after Barnsley beat us 2:1 at the Lane in March 1990 thinking that that had scuppered our promotion chancers and I put my foot through a door at home,my old man put his arm around my shoulder and said"get used to it,I've been a Blade for 30 years and it's life".I've since then realised that supporting United has made me cope with lifes ups and downs.Best thing was we got promoted,although it cost me £15 to replace that kitchen door.

My dad was always a Wednesday fan when I was growing up, he used to go to Hillsbro as a lad. Then, when I was about 17 I talked him into coming to BDTBL and hes been a blade ever since. Says it all really!!!!!!

UTB

I'm sorry if my post sounds offensive,I was putting it together without reading your post,your dad sounds like a top bloke.Up the Blades.

I'm sorry if my post sounds offensive,I was putting it together without reading your post,your dad sounds like a top bloke.Up the Blades.

Lol no worries. I actually think he was wrong to do it tho, you choose your team and you should stick with them through thick and thin.

UTB

When I was a young lass, and daft, I went out with a lad who was a Wednesdayite ( :wow: )

(As most of you will know, I am a Unitedite) As I was as mad about football then, as I am now, I agreed :shocked: to attend a couple of matches at hillsboro'... :shakes::razz:

Anyways, he didn't last more than a few weeks... my boyfriend/ husband/ fiancé since then have all been good Blades chaps...

Reply to Rocklegend.

It was getting close to the end of the season and we had been pummeled 5:0 by West Ham the week before and I thought we would blow it.I'd never seen the Blades in the top flight even though me old man took me in the early 70's,I could'nt remember.I was so eager

to see United get promoted.You've got to remember that when I started going to games in

the late 70's and 1980's United were at there lowest.

Reply to Rocklegend.

It was getting close to the end of the season and we had been pummeled 5:0 by West Ham the week before and I thought we would blow it.I'd never seen the Blades in the top flight even though me old man took me in the early 70's,I could'nt remember.I was so eager

to see United get promoted.You've got to remember that when I started going to games in

the late 70's and 1980's United were at there lowest.

By coincidence that match at West Ham was the only one I missed in that season.When the score came up on teletext I smashed the remote in front of my then girlfriend.She still married me but hides the remote when we lose...:D