Nuisance kids at midnight in Ecclesfield

:rant:Last night at midnight after just dozing off we were awaken by the sounds of drunken/drugged up kids shouting and messing about right outside the house.

We live on a very quiet street away from a main road and its not the sort of thingh you expect on our road.They don't live on the street so they had no business hanging around and making the residents feel intimidated.For about 40 minutes thery were shouting, screaming, pushing each other in to walls etc whilst littering with glass bottles, which from the state of them i presumed were filled with Alcohol. I could hear them...

" What shall we do now then??" one replied " i'm gonna smoke this joint then go and get some pills"

I felt like shouting out of the window"bugger off and go home so we can get some sleep"

They were falling allover the place and into the residents cars and being a right nuisence!

They did leave of there own accord not before time, but was about getting ready to call the police but would they have actually done anything!

My point is that you can't look even look out of your windows these days for fear of getting a brick through it and can't confront them without the fear of being attacked.

Did anyone else hear them about midnight last night ? Morrisons/The common area?

sorry I'm just having a rant.

Edited by boney1

My point is that you can't look even look out of your windows these days for fear of getting a brick through it and can't confront them without the fear of being attacked.

You didn't get a brick through your window, you don't say you confronted them and you didn't get attacked. What point are you trying to make?

That s/he was scared to confront them for fear of reprisals.

That s/he was scared to confront them for fear of reprisals.

Thank you moosey!

Nothing new, probably did things like that a few times myself when I was a teenager, and I'm 30 now.

And you didn't phone the police.

and what would you expect the Police to do??

I think Boney1 was just having a rant as she clearly stated.

Edited by furry_chick

and what would you expect the Police to do??

I think Boney1 was just having a rant as she clearly stated.

The police would have dealt with them. If they were doing nothing wrong then they may have just moved them on. But they may have been young ones and would have taken their details.

The first thing is that i can assure you it wasnt the kids from ecclesfield themselves! i know a few of them and they are really nice people and never cause trouble unless they are provoked,and by provoked,i mean anyone being aggressive towards them.I know without a shadow of a doubt that if these were the ones i know(aged between 16-20) they would have apologised for disturbing you and moved on. 99%of the trouble in ecclesfield is caused by youths from other areas e.g chapeltown and shiregreen.

The first thing is that i can assure you it wasnt the kids from ecclesfield themselves!

How can you "assure" us it wasn't the kids from Ecclesfield?? did you see them?

Could be the same lot who smashed mine and my neighbours car windows a couple of weeks ago. The police were actually really keen, they where round looking for them within 5 minutes of me calling them. Didn't catch them though. Apparently there's been a lot of this kind of thing, ie smashing car windows and apparently its been kids coming from Gleadless. I don't blame you Boney1 for not confronting them, its not worth the trouble.

I heard about this happening the other week around church street smashing car windows, Theres some bloodly low lifes out there.

Fortunately this lot didn't case any damage but a few weeks back, someone has kindly scratched all down the side of my car with something metal( probably a key) right outside our house!

Wouldn't suprise me if it was the same kids that were out there the other night.

I heard names being mentioned the other night and wasn't suprised as to who's names they were. They are known for causing trouble round the Village!

Just buy an air rifle and take pot shots at them, they will soon move on then :thumbsup: