Did anyone know it was Europe Day today (May 9th)?

I have been surprised at how little attention has been given to this today (in fact zero as far as I am aware) unless I have somehow missed all of the parties, flag waving, commemorative speeches etc. Indeed, how many people on this forum have ever heard of Europe Day?

Wierd isn't it? I would have thought our pro-European government would have been bleeting on about Europe Day no end, getting us to wave our European Flags, stick them to our cars (a la the European Cup) and our kids being forced to 'enjoy the delights' of our fellow European's culinary delights.

But - just like in the run up to the election, not a baa regarding the issue that is 'European Integration'. So strangely quiet.

Yes, there was an election to be won! The subject (or non-subject IMHO) will no doubt rear its ugly head again, probably to divert attention from another penny being added to our NIC contributions or when Blunkett is named the country's new Queen.

Or something.