S5 lovely people..

My bold

As if that ever stops posters from being negative if they want to! :hihi:

But the op has asked positive experiences only then come to the conclusion that its good because there are only positive experiences posted. I'm not going to slate S5 because it doesnt affect me but I hardly think this is a fair trial. Can you imagine if we elected politicians this way.

Lived there for 5 years, couldn't wait to get back to S6

I lived in Shiregreen for 13 years in the 60's - it was OK then.

It gives me the creeps just having to drive through it now :gag:

I have lived in s5 for 30 years on and off (last 11 years in the same address) the people are lovely upfront helpful people.....i,m a single parent to two children and have never regretted moving to this area..apart from people who have moved away from this area is there anybody else on sf who have good experiences of s5

Yes - it has more Rotties per square foot than any other part of Sheffield.

Lived in S5 in the early 80,s and in 2003 moved to manchester now live back in S5 Home is where the heart is i suppose.

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: S5 COMIN ALIVE :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

i lived on deerlands in the flats when i split from my ex,i met some lovely people and always felt safe up there,if you show respect they look after their own and a lot are still friends even though i moved

i lived on deerlands in the flats when i split from my ex,i met some lovely people and always felt safe up there,if you show respect they look after their own and a lot are still friends even though i moved

what do people in that area think of people who live at Dore?

I lived in shiregreen for 18 years with my mom, stepdad and brother, it was fine up until 1997 when the council kept moving in useless, non working, families who played music at all hours of the morning next door, we complained about it and they diddn't get moved, we had to move instead in 2004 (when the council let us have another house).

Nethershire shops were really bad just before we moved, there were always youths blowing bins and phoneboxes up and the co-op where i used to work got held up a month after i left, i'd personally never live in that area again.

Not entirely sure thats relevant, I live in S6 and there are Rotties here too, whats your point?

I think the thing about S5 is that its one of the biggest estates in Britain and has good areas and bad areas. But who has the authority to decide? People have different standards and what one person thinks is wrong another will tolerate or not find wrong at all. Its all about your individual perspective. I was brought up on the Manor and Wybourn and had no problems at all on either estate, others will swear that its the devils own home. We all have different opinions.