Italian descendants

The Saccamando you mentioned that did terrazzo, & when are we talking about ? I know of a Antonio Saccomando then he had sons Edward, John, Andrew & Tony ring any bells ? Are you a decendant ?

Siren

yes I know of your family I believe they were godparents to some of my grt grandparents children !!

Yes, Louis, younger brother of Judith and Marie.

Hi Louis

thanks for logging in to the site,just feels good to have got it off the ground hopfully this is just the start.

Siren

yes I know of your family I believe they were godparents to some of my grt grandparents children !!

Do you have any further info re the Cerrone's. How do you know of them

Denns

Hi Boozy bird,

Yes i think it's a great site that will only get better. Leonard Frachetti who i think started it came down to Sheffield to get some information from my mother and sister. I hope he found it useful as my mum of 92 sometimes has difficulty remmembering what she did 2 days ago,yet go back to her childhood and beyond and she is superb.

Yes I did visit your mother when I came to Sheffield and I had a lot of useful information given me by your sister. However, I must make it clear that I did not start up this fabulous website. It is all the work of a former Sheffield lady 'boozy bird' . I have contributed in a small way to the site and hope to do more. We had a great meeting in Sheffield and the enthusiasm generated by the site has brought together a lot of good people anxious to make the Italian heritage of Sheffield well known and documented for posterity. We hope to have many more such meetings in the near future and hopefully, more descendants will be able to attend and let us have info about their relatives which will be great.

I did initially place an article for info in the Hallamshire Diocese News trying to track down the mosaic plaques made by my grandfather and other italians. This brought a prompt response from 'boozy bird' and it has taken off in a big way.

I hope we do receive more from the italian families from in the area although I appreciate that many people have moved on and many have died. It is just a shame that we didn't start this years ago.

If anyone out there has any info that might be relevant to the site please contact the site. Len.F.

Hi Boozy bird,

Yes i think it's a great site that will only get better. Leonard Frachetti who i think started it came down to Sheffield to get some information from my mother and sister. I hope he found it useful as my mum of 92 sometimes has difficulty remmembering what she did 2 days ago,yet go back to her childhood and beyond and she is superb.

The information supplied was of great use some photos have already been added to the site & others will be used in due course.

Just to clarify what Len F posted ..the website was my baby decieded to give it a go just after new year.Enlisted the help of Len for the Terrazzo piece & Vicki Willey(nee Rebori) for the Rebori Story.

Should other people want to submit pieces I am quite willing to consider posting them on the site.

Edited by boozy.bird

Great site,nice to see a picture of the late Chic Rosso, such a nice man. I also knew Frank, Paul and Joanie, Anginotti from the Woodthorpe estate. I worked with the late Joe Pellogrina and his brothers Ernest, the other brothers name escapes me im afraid. Also Lol Saccomando who was also in the terrazo/tiling game, we all worked for Spina + Pascotts in the 70s early 80s. My dad used to hire a barrel organ for the weekend from the Cuneos i think back in the 30s. Keep up the good work.

Hi thanks for your message do you recognise any of the Terrazo workers in the photos ? I would love to be able to put names to them if you can helt let me know.

The Pelegrino brothers were Albert,Ernest.Fred & Joseph I believe there was also a Cousin called Vincent & possibly one called Domonico & also lots of grandsons. If you have any old photos of any of the old italians I would love to see them.

Forgot to ask are you from Italian background ??

Sorry having a blonde moment..... your grandma surname was Corea

Great site,nice to see a picture of the late Chic Rosso, such a nice man. I also knew Frank, Paul and Joanie, Anginotti from the Woodthorpe estate. I worked with the late Joe Pellogrina and his brothers Ernest, the other brothers name escapes me im afraid. Also Lol Saccomando who was also in the terrazo/tiling game, we all worked for Spina + Pascotts in the 70s early 80s. My dad used to hire a barrel organ for the weekend from the Cuneos i think back in the 30s. Keep up the good work.

Still awaiting to hear if you can identify any of the terrazo workers in the photos