Will my OH's credit history affect me?

If i live with my OH and he has a bad credit rating will it go against me if i apply for a credit card? I'm worried that as the current address is the same it will affect my application.

It shouldn't these days, because officially the credit rating now attaches to a person rather than a property. I'm not sure how you would go about proving unfairness in this sort of circumstance if you were to be refused though.

I believe living at the same address as someone with a poor credit record will affect your credit record by association.

Great :( ahhh well, i will try applying and see how it goes anyway.

if you put down you have been at the address only a short time then they ask for your previous address in most cases and it goes on that other address but this may be for only certain things

It depends if you have any accounts together, ie bank accounts etc if you do then you are financially associated, until these accounts are closed and paid off, if not then no his credit rating wont effect yours.

Also with your post above i wouldnt keep applying for things since this will damage your credit rating further.

Great :( ahhh well, i will try applying and see how it goes anyway.

Dont do that, the more you aplly and get turn down, The worse your record gets

Thanks, we don't have any joint accounts and we only rent so hopefully it won't impact on my rating too much!

I will only be applying once, i'm aware that by applying for loads of things it will affect my rating.

Dont do that, the more you aplly and get turn down, The worse your record gets

I never said keep applying, I only intend to make one application.

Yeah as long as you dont have any accounts in joint names you will be fine, pm me if you like if you have anymore questions.