The Dreaded Dentist

I've had tooth ache now for more than 3 weeks and i dont think i can cope with it any more.

I had one tooth pulled out a few years ago and it was the worst pain i have ever experienced. Even having a filling hurts after having 6 injections.

Does anyone if the dentist would put me to sleep to have the tooth removed? And how much it would cost...im willing to pay pretty much anything!!

OMG!! You are soooo similar to me...

I hate the dentist...im soo scared...

No dentist is allowed to put you to sleep (believe me, ive tried, begged and pleaded).

I cracked a tooth 6yrs ago and 3 dentists (NHS) told me it was ok, nowt wrong. 3 months ago I started going to FLINT & FLINT in Sheffield (my friend works there) and its FANTASTIC!!! It is private, so you can expect its gonna cost a few bob but I said the same as you ie Ill pay anything. All the staff are lovely!! the dentists are brill!

They are great with nervous patients - and they will sedate you...I have gas and air and I find it brilliant...certainly takes alot of my anxiety away...They also do intravenous sedation which from what I believe, still wont put you to sleep but chance are you will drift off and wont remember much after.

If you want more detials PM me...but I can recommend them 110%.

If you have a good denstist it should not hurt. It's very uncomfortable and you can feel pressure but that's all it should be.

My dentist is ace, not cheap though. PM'ed you the details.

Have you tried contacting the charles clifford dental hospital ?? if you are really anxious about visiting a dentist they have all the facilities there to give you a general anaesthetic. Dont believe all the fabled horror stories about them either it is total bunkum, I was with the CC hospital for three years for orthodontic work and they did absolute wonders to my previously crooked teeth. I have had teeth taken out there as well and can thouroughly recommend them.. :thumbsup:

A friend said i should try Charles Clifford, might give them a ring see if they will use general anaesthetic on me. The dentist makes me sick and after treatment i tend to feel faint or actually faint so the best thing for me would be to put me to sleep.

I use John Lucking on Ecclesall Road, he is a top bloke. I have been going there about 15 years. He is a really patient bloke and does good quality work. All our family go there

It takes ages to get your first appointment with Charles Clifford. I had to wait 2 months before they saw me to sort out my chipped tooth. Once they had me they wouldnt let me go and performed a whole manner of procedures out on over a period of a year. I hate dentists at the best of times, but I hate em even more so now.

If you want a cheap extraction, come over to my desk and I will improvise with the hole punch and other stationary lying about :thumbsup: