P.W.D Painters

just come across this tread and theres sum one there called sheffgrow,wondered when he worked there

only one i ever see now is tommy newton .

i remember chalky white that must have been about 1978-9 what a lad he was:hihi:

tommy newton of i made a a record fame.when did you work there paul0726

from about 1975 - 79 then went to sheffield smelting co windsor street.

cant remember many names cook /scratchard/ bob the teddy boy / tom the union man / little john the gambler .horse mad he was / hobson

albert cook, albert scratchard.bob kerbyshaw,chris hobson ( the white lionel richie).would little jonh be john gorrmly

I didn't work for pwd but went to shirecliffe with the painters starting in 1977 and would love to hear from them about the only one I've seen in the last few years is Tom Rowley I'd love a few pints with the lads i remember one Pete mojo we called him great lad but most of them we new by nicknames

Get in touch if anyones out there 

Daz 

A relative of mine Arthur Revill worked at PWD from just after the war upto his retirement in 1980.

He also played cricket for them for 16 years.

Think Arthur worked at bramall lane joiners  shop in his latter years 

TurksHead that is correct he did work at bramall lane.

Before that he had worked on the estates and I know that he  painted the tower blocks using a cradle.

He once told me a story of when him and his mate were painting the crematorium along with an apprentice.

Arthur sent apprentice to make a cup of tea and whilst he was doing that Arthur got in an empty coffin and when lad came back ,Arthur covered in a cloth sat up and frightened the lad and he ran out.Unfortunately I can't remember his name but in 2009 when he was self employed ,he decorated my house.He lived on littledale estate just behind half moon,Arthur also lived on littledale from 1951 until his death in 2004.