How to solve the problem of snow on our roads

Well i wasnt really been all that serious with my original post, but on to the subject of 4x4's.

I was cycling to work this morning, yes conditions where just fine at 9am for my mountain bike, anyway i was going up past Weston Park Hospital when i got stuck behind this numpty in a Range Rover how insisted on going no faster than 5mph all the up to Broomhill.

The tram has a snowplough that can be fitted to the front and its own salt reservoir which dribbles salt in front of the wheels. Why can't buses have the same thing? That would help keep them running. How about running a competition for the university engineering students to come up with designs for the bus attachments. Couple that with winter tyres which could be fitted to the buses when snow is forecast (and stored the rest of the year) and things would be a lot smoother.

Just flatten all the hills :cool:

Well i wasnt really been all that serious with my original post, but on to the subject of 4x4's.

I was cycling to work this morning, yes conditions where just fine at 9am for my mountain bike, anyway i was going up past Weston Park Hospital when i got stuck behind this numpty in a Range Rover how insisted on going no faster than 5mph all the up to Broomhill.

cycling :loopy::loopy::loopy::loopy:

If we park all the 4x4s in Sheffield on the roads and set them on fire, the snow'll clear awfully quickly...

i see the green police are on tonight

Big cost for the little snow we get, i'd prefer all the phonelines upgraded to fiber.

yea so would i, then i could get my job back lol.

just buy a 4x4 -problem solved

Were you born stupid?

you never know

That was a well thought out reply.

cycling :loopy::loopy::loopy::loopy:

Yes cycling. One of the best ways to get around in the snow if you have atb tyres on.

i see the green police are on tonight

Not green police. Just a reply as sincere as your own first reply.

Did you ever go to school?

forget the roads they get gritted, what about the footpaths?

@ the OP.

I would say in these circumstances (once every 10-15 years), the local authorities stick to clearing all major arteries first and foremost. After that move in, gritting the biggest roads would be priority.

People need to learn to adapt. Use public transport. WALK (got forbid our fat society dare). It is a once every decade event and all hell breaks loose.

Got news for you folks. It's going to get a damn site worse as we go on. Better stock up on the candles and beans ;)

@ the OP.

I would say in these circumstances (once every 10-15 years), the local authorities stick to clearing all major arteries first and foremost. After that move in, gritting the biggest roads would be priority.

People need to learn to adapt. Use public transport. WALK (got forbid our fat society dare). It is a once every decade event and all hell breaks loose.

Got news for you folks. It's going to get a damn site worse as we go on. Better stock up on the candles and beans ;)

Walk no thanks -thats what my 4x4 is for :loopy:

No doubt you are one the fat people i mentioned MR BENN.

I find your signature ironic

The tram has a snowplough that can be fitted to the front and its own salt reservoir which dribbles salt in front of the wheels. Why can't buses have the same thing? That would help keep them running. How about running a competition for the university engineering students to come up with designs for the bus attachments. Couple that with winter tyres which could be fitted to the buses when snow is forecast (and stored the rest of the year) and things would be a lot smoother.
The buses are a big enough danger to other road users as it is without equipping them with something that lethal!