Cruelty to animal fines - not enough!

I presume then that you wouldn't object to paying for her accommodation etcetera for 10 years.

I assume someone who would starve a dog has some kind of mental problem. How do you think 10 years in prison would help with that?

This comment isnt aimed directly at the poster, however the poster has mentioned it....

Im getting sick and tired of everyone being mental... is it the new trend or summat, if people break the law then they should be punished for it, if people are planning on the whole im mental thing then surely there should be something to back up their claims... Like history for example, it just seems that you never hear of anyone being punished just for simply being a criminal anymore, wtf? If i am wrong here then lets hope and pray that all the mams n prams are taking notice here that if they intend to bring their kids up next to the roundabout witha bottle of scrumpy, if they do insist on putting their own kids second to men/friends, then maybe its just the start of a future of mental problems...

its called punishment -something you seem to be very liberal with

I understand the concept of punishment. I have made no comment, liberal or otherwise, on what punishment I think would be appropriate here, I have merely asked you to confirm

a) that you'd be happy to pay to incarcerate someone for 10 years for neglecting their dog

b) How you think that might help the person from re-offending, if at all

I note you haven't answered either, and have instead chosen to state the obvious and try and suggest I am a Liberal, but instead made a statement that suggests I am ready to punish people left, right and centre (it's ok though, I knew what you meant!)

I can never understand why long prision sentences are not imposed for cruelty to animals. 10 years in the nick would have been a sensible punishment for this scumbag

being a pet [dog] keeper myself things like this make me feel sick .

you could have mentioned something about this at your scrumdown with the police today , mind you it can't have lasted long the time youve been on here .

being a pet [dog] keeper myself things like this make me feel sick .

you could have mentioned something about this at your scrumdown with the police today , mind you it can't have lasted long the time youve been on here .

it was this morning mate -i dint come on here till after dinner