The Cocked Hat - Attercliffe

No, its closed.

I feel I must set the record straight.

1. There was limited hand pull on draft due to faulty pumps, we would rather serve none other than a bad pint. There was an ongoing issue with marstons regarding reparing them.

2. We chose to leave the pub due to marstons wanting to increase the rent because RFC now play at the staduim and taking have incresed.

They are just like any other Pub co and do not want to help tenants unless they bow down to them!! We closed the Greyhound for the same reason.

3. The list price Marstons charge fro beer is much more than free trade they offer no discounts and this make trading extremly difficult as with any tied pub.

The funny thing is Marstons will not reduce the rent but are happy to pay a Managment company £615.00 per week and all bills rates etc and give it to them rent free. I know this is the case because I have spoken to the company who are going to reopen and run it.

There was limited hand pull on draft due to faulty pumps

Seems strange that the pumps worked perfectly well until you moved in. They also worked occasionally afterwards. I suppose all the previously fully working hand pumps that you took out (and replaced with nitro-keg crap) were faulty as well? You had at least two still there that weren't used.

The deep fat fryer certainly wasn't faulty.

Maybe if some of the staff knew how to pull a pint of beer (and not a pint of froth through a sparkler), things may have gone better. Unfortunately they seemed more interested in chatting to their mates.

Edited by Meaks

Seems strange that the pumps worked perfectly well until you moved in. They also worked occasionally afterwards. I suppose all the previously fully working hand pumps that you took out (and replaced with nitro-keg crap) were faulty as well? You had at least two not used.

The deep fat fryer certainly wasn't faulty.

Maybe if some of the staff knew how to pull a pint of beer (and not a pint of throth through a sparkler), things may have gone better. Unfortunately they seemed more interested in chatting to their mates.

WE DID NOT TAKE the hand pumps out that was a decision by Marstons to help cope with demand on Matchdays. When we moved in there were 6 pumps 2 were taken out to be replaced by T bars, the other 2 were diconnected by tech services and the remaing two were not perfect. However if you are some expert on running ATTERCLIFFE pubs visit http://www.marstonspubcompany.co.uk and apply yourself!!!

GOOD LUCK!!!

Yes strange if they were ok befordhand.

Prehaps you didnt know how to look after real ale and therefore decided to replace with easy to use nitro key rubbish

Are you going to try some where else of have you lost to much?

The couple have taken over The Shepley Spitfire at Totley which had sadly gone to rack & ruin under the previous tenant. They have revamped the menu & have started using local suppliers for meat etc. I hear very good reports,so, hopefully it will regain its former popularity.

According to the latest issue of CAMRA's "What's Brewing " magazine the Cocked Hat has now been deleted from the Good Beer Guide on the grounds of "no real ale".

Yes strange if they were ok befordhand.

Prehaps you didnt know how to look after real ale and therefore decided to replace with easy to use nitro keg rubbish

Are you going to try some where else of have you lost to much?

You say that Nitro-Keg is easy to use, well, the people at The Forge couldn't serve a decent pint of it.

Edited by dacrlit

Does anyone know when it's supposed to be reopening if this management company has took it on?

I feel I must set the record straight.

1. There was limited hand pull on draft due to faulty pumps, we would rather serve none other than a bad pint. There was an ongoing issue with marstons regarding reparing them.

2. We chose to leave the pub due to marstons wanting to increase the rent because RFC now play at the staduim and taking have incresed.

They are just like any other Pub co and do not want to help tenants unless they bow down to them!! We closed the Greyhound for the same reason.

3. The list price Marstons charge fro beer is much more than free trade they offer no discounts and this make trading extremly difficult as with any tied pub.

The funny thing is Marstons will not reduce the rent but are happy to pay a Managment company £615.00 per week and all bills rates etc and give it to them rent free. I know this is the case because I have spoken to the company who are going to reopen and run it.

Sounds like the reasons Anthony left in the first place....

I used to go in before the Rotherham United games. Quick pint and easy walk to Don Valley.