Cycllists on GMTV

Edited by jcbrooke

Talking of black pool tower I hope you don;t use the flashing lights they were made illegal last year and are distracting.

Edited by jcbrooke
addition

Shame theory tests have only just been introduced.

I only passed in July 07 so i did do the theory test, could just do with going through it again.

as a cyclist and not a driver (why drive when i have no need to do frequent long journeys) I use the roads daily and make one simple assumption - Drivers are careless.

Riding your BMX to the local park doesn't make you an expert.

I haven't been knocked off yet. I put it down to the fact that i assume a motorist around me will do something stupid so i ride very defensively i.e. always making sure i have space to the left if i need to get out of the way, making eye contact with drivers who would be coming out of side junctions across me- this ensures they have seen me and will not pull out.

That sounds more like your trying to irate drivers!!

As this thread has some people who just seem to be arguing back and forth (ill mention no names!) please note that this is my OPINION so feel free to voice yours. But if you disagree, before tapping those keys remember this is they way i have ridden for quite some time and it does work!

And this is just my opinion

all the best

All the best

________

History of motorcycles

Edited by Bonjon

Riding your BMX to the local park doesn't make you an expert.

Do you have any meaningful comments to make, or is it just straw-man conjectures?

Do you have any meaningful comments to make, or is it just straw-man conjectures?

I could say 'Likewise' but choose not too. :suspect:

________

Mercedes-Benz World specifications

Edited by Bonjon

I could say 'Likewise' but choose not too. :suspect:

Yeah, you could do, but it wouldn't make any sense.

I only passed in July 07 so i did do the theory test, could just do with going through it again.

I had to do a couple for different vehicles, I agree with them to a certain extent but they're all about the money really.

I had to do a couple for different vehicles, I agree with them to a certain extent but they're all about the money really.

Most of it is just common sense, but i know quite a few people who have failed several times.

Edited by jcbrooke

...snip...

I haven't been knocked off yet. I put it down to the fact that i assume a motorist around me will do something stupid so i ride very defensively i.e. always making sure i have space to the left if i need to get out of the way, making eye contact with drivers who would be coming out of side junctions across me- this ensures they have seen me and will not pull out.

...snip....

Careful, mate, you cannot make that assumption. I did until, on a couple of occasions, I've made eye contact with a motorist on a side street, and they have looked back, and then just pulled out on me anyway, with the look of a defiant sheep!