Beware "free" offers

Just to let you know to watch out for 'Free Mini' offers and other pyramid selling techniques that have popped up recently.

I've read 2 today on the Forum that seem to have been taken off by the Moderators. Thank god!

Free Mini i-pods? Nothing is ever that easy!!! I've had a look at their site and it's awful. They ask you to provide all your friend's e-mail addresses.

Also watch out for this technique - espc on the Forum:

THIS IS A QUOTE FROM THEIR SITE AND I HAVE DELIBERATELY STARRED OUT THE ADDRESS TO PREVENT A LINK

"Alternatively, you might prefer a snazzy image to tell your friends about **********.co.uk with! We've come up with some you can post in forum signatures, on a website, or anywhere that takes your fancy. Simply copy the pre-prepared HTML code below, and insert it into your website."

We've had a few of these over recent months from different places.....most annoying!

We try and clean such stuff up as soon as they appear, and frequently ban the posters as well.

People need to learn the wisdom of TANSTAAFL! :)

(There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch - Robert Heinlein)

Unfortunately there is also truth in TOBEM

There's One Born Every Minute!

It's frustrating to think that sites like these can exist because they manage to sucker just enough people in to make a profit from it.

I would say that especially teenage internet users need to be warned if they are offering Mini Ipods and other latest 'must haves'

Just remember that you NEVER get somthing for nothing under any circumstances. There you go, follow that simple rule and you will never fall for one of these scams again.

EDIT just re-read what I put then looked at my sig :D thats about little text ads though. So I aren't contradicting myself, honest :hihi: