Baby rainbow cardigan

midgecat

Just been to visit my baby cousin and her mum was saying she'd really like a Rainbow cardigan for her. I've not knitted for quite a while but I was reasonably competent at it when I did, and was thinking it would be nice to make her one. Anyone know where I'd find suitable pattern. I guess any stipy pattern would be OK - could use whatever colours. What I'd need to know would be how many rows to put in the stripes to make the right number of stripes for number of colours in the rainbow and it come out at teh right length.

Would appreciate any advice.

Red and yellow and

Pink and Green

Purple and orange and blue

I can sing a rainbow

Sing a rainbow

Sing a rainbow too

Listen with your eyes

Listen with your ears

And sing everything you see

I can sing a rainbow

Sing a rainbow

Sing along with me

:hihi:

But don't use it for OFSTED as you'll get a right dressing down even if it is with nursery kids. 'There are only seven colours in a rainbow red, orange, yellow,green, blue, indego and violet.' From someone who got well and trully done by guess who.

If it were me I'd look for a pattern worked top down because then you can match the stripes across the fronts, back and the top of the sleeves. Rather than trying to work out exactly how many rows you'll have and dividing this by seven I'd make life easier for myself and work maybe an inch in each colour and if I ended up with two rainbows all well and good.

• 2 weeks later...