St Patricks and St Peters schools 50s 60s 70s

hi flightliner

you must have been in the same class as me i remember all those names and more the twins were mary&julie bishop norma hibbertson glenville green very good footballer dave allan went to work at hallamshire in rolling mill mick lomas still fishing and writes some articles for angling papers tyrone biney alan smythe mick hallam gary catlin all good friends

Hey Rabbiter- I have just seen this post from you, (shame on me!) A great time we had hey? Happy days for me at St Pats but I found it a little more difficult at StPeters to settle in. It may have been a good thing that I was only there for about fifteen months.

Another guy who we must have been in class with was Paul Lally who went on to De La Salle (cos he was clever:cool:)_ . Paul was keen on theatrical things and at one time in the seventies he used to do the weather and closedown on ITV for a number of years.-- really nice guy.:)

hi flightliner

i do remember paul lally

when i was courting my wife she worked at the old royal infirmary a girl she worked with was courting a guy called paul lally he was some kind of rep for a paint firm it was the same lad we went to school with and yes he went into tv

hope you are keeping well all the best

rab

hi flightliner

have sent you a p.m on my history since leaving school but p.c was playing up let me know if you got it

Hi i also went to St Peters and remember most of the teachers thats been mentioned. My form teacher was Mr Mcnerny he was lovely. Hear are a few names from my class. Marie Keogh, Maureen Healan, Pauline Parkes, Terasa Peel, Ann O Reily, Michael Gibson, John Charlesworth, Robert Harding, William Davis to name a few, I also knew two sisters Sheila and Margaret Johnson.

Hi i also went to St Peters and remember most of the teachers thats been mentioned. My form teacher was Mr Mcnerny he was lovely. Hear are a few names from my class. Marie Keogh, Maureen Healan, Pauline Parkes, Terasa Peel, Ann O Reily, Michael Gibson, John Charlesworth, Robert Harding, William Davis to name a few, I also knew two sisters Sheila and Margaret Johnson.

I know I wasn`t in your year

I loved St Pats school as I came from a horrible strict girls convent school on Burngreave road, I was the netball captain in my last year there, had my name engraved on the silver cup...wonder if the cups still around, we were aloud to take the cup home for one day then it went back in the glass case,

The last class, as we called it was a prefab building , year was around 55.

My friends were Paula Godard, Mary Kynes,Maureen Wild, class clown was Tony Roach (Roche)

sorry my reply was ment to be for tara.

sorry my reply was ment to be for tara.

I was there from 1976 to 1979 I left in the 3rd year. Does anybody remember Mr Hornshaw the history teacher?

Mr Cherry-- he was the woodwork teacher at St Pete's but I can't remember what the metalwork teachers name was , anybody remember?:(

Can anyone remind me of the route that was used for the cross country running?:help::huh:

Mr Cherry-- he was the woodwork teacher at St Pete's but I can't remember what the metalwork teachers name was , anybody remember?:(

Can anyone remind me of the route that was used for the cross country running?:help::huh:

when i was there cherry was the metalwork teacher ..and bagnall the woodwork teacher

I was there from 1976 to 1979 I left in the 3rd year. Does anybody remember Mr Hornshaw the history teacher?

yer he took us to kepples colum.sure he had a jeep or range rover

when i was there cherry was the metalwork teacher ..and bagnall the woodwork teacher

Yeah that`s how I remember. Mr Hornshaw did have a land rover and for some reason named it Felicity. Did he leave the school in the late 70s?