St Patricks and St Peters schools 50s 60s 70s

I went to St Peters in 69 to 71 then went to Notre Dame. Mr Mc Nereney was the history teacher his son Peter is head of Calender news now days. My older sisters Margaret and Glenys Kelly were there Margaret 8 years before me and Glenys 4 years before she was best friends with Susan Liko. I am Yvonne most of you would say I was the quiet one.

Mr Marsden was the Chemistry teacher and all the girls loved him. God knows why.......

I went to St Peters, 1961 to 1967.

me went to both schools left st peters 1975 anyone remember the battles with colley school our dear neighbours , also the set to with ecco school referred to by some as the chip butty battle .

I went to both but left St Petes in at the end of '79 to move to Wales. I remeber colley rd kids throwing a brick at our school bus. Still remember the number to this day it was the 604.

Hi I went to Saint Peters first term of opening 1958 left 1962 I was captain of netball and rounders team. I remember Mr Mc Nearney Mr Anion Mr Farrell Sister Bernadette Mr Walsh loved my time at school.

I went to Saint Peters first year it opened remember all the teachers you have mentioned and Tyrone Biney was in my elder sister Florence class I was captain of netball and rounders team andloved my school days

I went to st Pete's a little bit later than you lot, 82 to 84 then Notre Dame.

hi hayward

i was in same class as flo hayward she will remember other girls bishop twins virginia newman rita atkins and all my mates

r bradley

m hallam

g catlin

d batty

j sanderson

b bidwell hope they all keeping well

I went to St Patricks in the late 50s, can't remember too many names there, I remember Tony Roach, my best friend was Maureen Wild she came from a very strict Catholic family. I was the girls netball captain my last year, I was able to take home the BIG Silver cup for one day, wish I had kept the photo of the whole team.

Sybil Guy was another good friend.

Hi everyone. My Dad went to both school's, but I can't remember when he was there (he's 50 now - Damian Gregory).

Poppin's, my Dad has an auntie Maurine, their maiden name is Wild & come from a strict Catholic family, but I'm not sure when she was there, so it could be the same person we're thinking of, or pure coincedence! If it's the same, she was one of 6 children.

Yes Florence will remember these girls I am sure she now lives in New Zealand but I vaguely remember the Bishop twins . but I was two years younger than Florence was hoping to contact people in my year but he great to hear from you I am new on this forum so finding it a bit hard at themoment to work it allout,

Hi everyone. My Dad went to both school's, but I can't remember when he was there (he's 50 now - Damian Gregory).

Poppin's, my Dad has an auntie Maurine, their maiden name is Wild & come from a strict Catholic family, but I'm not sure when she was there, so it could be the same person we're thinking of, or pure coincedence! If it's the same, she was one of 6 children.

Amy, that Maureen sounds like friend, does she have a sister Margaret ? and yes about 6 brothers & sisters in all, Maureen was the youngest, she would be in her late 60s early 70s now, if it;s her PM me. I also remember Tony Roche.

Thanks ,Poppins

Edited by poppins

I went to both but left St Petes in at the end of '79 to move to Wales. I remeber colley rd kids throwing a brick at our school bus. Still remember the number to this day it was the 604.

How old was you in 79 if you don`t mind because I left at the same time.

Who I can remember from my year, David Livett, Michael o`Malley,John Mcnerney,John Fox,Tim Wild,Alan McPherson,Robert Cutts, Alec Hall,Thomas Cullen,Patrick Fortune,Paul Quinn,Raymond Mortimear,Paul Giles,Shaun Shanahan,Danny Coogan, Andrew Monfredi.

Hi there,ex st.pats.My brother and i went to st,pats from41/42 until 1950.We lived on HARTLEY BROOK RD,close to BARNSLEY RD.FRANK ROACH was in my brothers class.Staff there were SISTER'S BERNADETTE(made head not long after we started there) i believe previous head was SISTER MERCY?. Other staff i recall were SISTERS JOSEPHINE,JOHN AND FRANCIS.MISS DONAVON.CAIRNS,MRS SMITH,MR WALSH, KENNEDY,MR (EGO)THOMSON-AN ARROGANT BULLY.(he had a few run-ins with one or two kids parents),we almost saw a fist fight one afternoon,when a student who was roughly handled by him,went home and came back, with his older brother,who told MR THOMSON, what he would do to him if it happend again.I won't mention names,but he kept his hands off the students after that.I heard much later that there had been some divine intervention(FATHER GALLON).Years later whilst searching for long lost pals,i managed to trace one after 50 years,and when introduced to his wife,found out she was FRANK ROACH'S sister SHIELA.Other kids at that time were; GERRARD'S-BERNARD,KATHLEEN,TERRY,THOMAS. PARKINS-VINCENT,CARL. the O-FARRELS -KATHLEEN,KEVIN, their parents later worked for the school,he was the caretaker and his wife was the head dinner lady.My brother and KEVIN have been close best friends ,for over seventy years.HAPPY DAYS.eightlegger.