Where are the Bin Men ?

ours was full after a week -the lid wont shut and im putting black bins bags out with it

Good luck with that, the last time our bin lid would'nt shut we got a sticker on it saying it is against health and safety for them to empty it and if it was found like that again they would not empty it!!! It's a joke but according to the bin men they have to put the stickers on as it more than there jobs worth if they don't. :huh:

Good luck with that, the last time our bin lid would'nt shut we got a sticker on it saying it is against health and safety for them to empty it and if it was found like that again they would not empty it!!! It's a joke but according to the bin men they have to put the stickers on as it more than there jobs worth if they don't. :huh:

that about sums them up -JOBSWORTHS

Not had anything taken since the 18th so we`ve had to resort to dumping some stuff in the nearby woods unfortunately.

every heard of the local tip instead of the local woods

yakuba

i took my dog out today and from leaving my car to returning (1 hour) someone had dumped a large tv , 4 bags of rubbish and an old matress. the council tip is only 400 yards along the same road. unreal:loopy::loopy::loopy:

every heard of the local tip instead of the local woods

yakuba

This thread just gets better and better :) .

Whilst I can understand why the ordinary weekly collections are out of sync over Christmas, our blue bin has a sticker on saying that it was to be emptied on Fri 2nd Jan. Along with all the neighbours I put ours out on Thurs night and it is still there unemptied this morning having been out blocking the pavement all weekend. It's not rocket surgery for the council to print different dates on the labels to account for the Christmas break.

the problem is where dealing with sheffield council here

They are pathetic, anyone with an iota of common can see that it would be logical to delay the paper collections in order to free up the crews to bring bring the ordinary collections back into line and to print the different dates on the label. It's not as though Christmas is unexpected.

i can not believe people are moaning about full bins yet refuse to recycle (Mr benn) what a joke. I have not put my bin on the road for 5 weeks becuse it hasent needed emptying. I Also have 2 small children. Today i have just walked through the Dowlands estate in high Green and seen black bins over flowing with card, tins, bottles and even saw that someone had chucked away a punnet of grapes untouched where only one or two looked ropey. We are a very wastefull society and we must help reduce waste for future generations

i can not believe people are moaning about full bins yet refuse to recycle (Mr benn) what a joke. I have not put my bin on the road for 5 weeks becuse it hasent needed emptying. I Also have 2 small children. Today i have just walked through the Dowlands estate in high Green and seen black bins over flowing with card, tins, bottles and even saw that someone had chucked away a punnet of grapes untouched where only one or two looked ropey. We are a very wastefull society and we must help reduce waste for future generations
Mr Benn eases his social conscience by doing other things and so he doesn't need to recycle. :rolleyes:

Recycling doesn't need to be green issue, it is simply being less wasteful regardless of the environment.

No, the problem is where (sic) dealing with Veolia. :rolleyes:

If the grapes were put out in the garden prefrably on a bird table they wouldnt be there very long as the birds would eat them very quickly