Which is the steepest road in Sheffield?

Which is the steepest road in Sheffield?  

1,087 members have voted

1. 1. Which is the steepest road in Sheffield?

• Blake Street
    • Kent Road
    • Myrtle Road
    • Hagg Hill
    • Jenkin Road

No, its just common knowledge.

I'm not saying there aren't any steep parts on Dobbin Hill, but at the bottom it is 147 metres and at the top it is 194 metres. Length 716 metres.

So it rises by 47 metres which is nothing, divide it by the length and multiply by a hundred and you have a gradient of 6.5%.

What about langsett ave?

Langsett Ave is 710 metres long, it is 147 metres above sea level at the bottom and 194 metres at the top giving a rise of 65 metres.

That works out at 65/147*100 = 9.1% gradient.

About halfway up the table here http://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/showpost.php?p=6978735&postcount=487

Edited by Grahame

ive done Hagg Hill on a pushbike - got up to the turn in the road towards Crosspool - thought my arms were going to drop off and my lungs burst lol

ive done Hagg Hill on a pushbike - got up to the turn in the road towards Crosspool - thought my arms were going to drop off and my lungs burst lol

You did well, thats the steepest of the lot. :)

I know Sheffield roads consist of many hills but what is the steepest? Does anyone know for certain.

Not sure but the hill from Arbourthorn to Gleadless was very steep.

Not sure but the hill from Arbourthorn to Gleadless was very steep.

That might be Eastbank Road which is worth looking at, and Gleedless Road as well, that's steep. Cheers.

Not very long distance wise but Fairhurst Lane has surely got to be the steepest stretch?

Dont know how to work it out, but its behind the Ewden reservoir at Wharncliffe Side

OMG, you are really brave.Walking up that hill is hard enough.

Blake street is widely know as the steepest. You don't get many roads with a handrail all the way up them.

Esapridrille and Grahame - only done it the once - We'd been out the night before for a drink and left the car at Fulwood - told other half no problem to cycle to it - when I got to the car loaded bike and called into pub for a pint of cola with ice!

Not very long distance wise but Fairhurst Lane has surely got to be the steepest stretch?

Dont know how to work it out, but its behind the Ewden reservoir at Wharncliffe Side

Fairhurst Lane is 8.91%. By comparison the road from Low to High Brdfield is 12.3% which is just a tad less than Blake Street. :)