Is anyone a unicyclist?

lol nice one yammy!

ok then ill give david a ring sometime once ive sorted some other stuff out..

will

Hello, me and my brother are unicyclists in Sheffield, we have 20" nimbus and are interested in all aspects of unicycling - particularly trials and perhaps in the future, muni.

If anyone knows about anything happening in sheffield, please email me at [email protected]

Id love to meet up informally with a bunch of unicyclists and go somewhere as a group, that'd be incredible.

maybe we could even start a unicycle hockey team, that'd be incredible.

thanks, Mike.

Dave Panther can be found with the Flying Teapots on monday nights. Check out their website at shef.ac.uk/~ftc.

I can. I'm going unicycling in Endcliff Parc daily and love playing unicycling Hockey (I learned it with my German unicycle group) But I don't think they've got that here, do they? :confused:

Not knowing a single thing about them (but would like to learn a bit more) are they all single speed fixies or do you have gears and locking freewheels and other stuff

I can. I'm going unicycling in Endcliff Parc daily and love playing unicycling Hockey (I learned it with my German unicycle group) But I don't think they've got that here, do they? :confused:

There is unicycle hockey in sheffield, they're on 'Yahoo groups' as 'Sheffield Unicycle Hockey'.

The last email I got from them gave details as-

Unicycle Hockey Practice

Thursday 28 January 2010

17:30 - 18:45

(This event repeats every week.)

Street: Springfield Primary School, Broomspring Lane

City County Postcode: Sheffield

I know they're looking for new players

Not knowing a single thing about them (but would like to learn a bit more) are they all single speed fixies or do you have gears and locking freewheels and other stuff

The majority are sungle speed fixies, with the 'gear' being determined by the wheel size and crank length i.e. bigger wheel=faster and better for distance and short cranks also giving higher speed (but less control).

I ride a '29-er' which is the road bike size wheel (700c) with a big fat tyre.

There are geared unicycles, mainly used by distance unicyclists- personally I prefer the simplicity of the ungeared unicycle: here's a link to the geared hub-

http://www.unicycle.co.uk/shop/shopdisplayproduct.asp?catalogid=1062

It's a very interesting hobby, riding a bicycle is tough enough let alone a unicycle.

Good luck with that mate.

my boyfriend bought me a unicycle for christmas last year.....talk about original prezzie :)

damn thing scares me tho but i'd love to be able to ride it