Back to the 90s- new room at Corporation

I've just been handed a flyer for this outside Hallam University. It looks like it could be quite a good night, I think that the indie room had run it's course. Does anyone know why the have lowered the drinks prices i.e. or Monday's prices now going to go up a bit making Friday the official 'student' night? Anyhow, looks interesting will be checking it out in a couple of weeks.:thumbsup:

I went last week and it was awful.

I'd been working so didn't get there till after 12 and paid £6 for the privelige of listening to the Spice Girls, Five and other such rubbish. I spent most of the night sat in the smoking area.

I know since carling academy opened the indie rooms been pretty dead but I thought it was shocking. I don't really get the obession with places playing music from 10 years ago, the stuff they play wasn't any good then and doesnt sound any better now. And it seems most places are going for this approach. I'd be quite happy never ever having to listen to blimmin mmmbop again!

I went last week and it was awful.

I'd been working so didn't get there till after 12 and paid £6 for the privelige of listening to the Spice Girls, Five and other such rubbish. I spent most of the night sat in the smoking area.

I know since carling academy opened the indie rooms been pretty dead but I thought it was shocking. I don't really get the obession with places playing music from 10 years ago, the stuff they play wasn't any good then and doesnt sound any better now. And it seems most places are going for this approach. I'd be quite happy never ever having to listen to blimmin mmmbop again!

Six quid to get in as well! That explains the cheaper drinks then... was it packed with freshers?

Drinks were normal prices last week, are they advertising cheap ones?

wasn't too busy last week, think most people were waiting for their loans to come in.

Yeah, apparently its now £6 after 12 which i knew they did on a sat but ive never been charged that much on a friday night before. I just think its a shame, there's some great music from the 90's but everywhere seems to focus purely on the cheese...

Drinks were normal prices last week, are they advertising cheap ones?

wasn't too busy last week, think most people were waiting for their loans to come in.

Yeah, apparently its now £6 after 12 which i knew they did on a sat but ive never been charged that much on a friday night before. I just think its a shame, there's some great music from the 90's but everywhere seems to focus purely on the cheese...

Ah yes it always has been £6 after midnight thinking about it. Yes, the flyer is advertising the cheap drinks, perhaps tonight is the first time this new night is on?

I don't really get the obession with places playing music from 10 years ago, the stuff they play wasn't any good then and doesnt sound any better now. And it seems most places are going for this approach. I'd be quite happy never ever having to listen to blimmin mmmbop again!

I'd much rather listen to 10 year old indie than the recent stuff but are they actually playing indie or is it all Spice Girls and that?

I'd much rather listen to 10 year old indie than the recent stuff but are they actually playing indie or is it all Spice Girls and that?

Not really much indie, a bit of oasis and ocean colour scene - all sandwiched between spice girls, ntrance and robbie williams :gag:

I'm with you, I'd much rather listen to 90's indie than a night of Bloc Party, Killers et al.

Whilst I can't stand "indie" music in nightclubs, I have a soft spot for the Corp DJ, as unlike those in Carling and Plug they actually attempt mixing as opposed to stop/start on iTunes.

If that's DJ'ing, then they may as well sign me up to do it. At least I have some more danceable "indie" than The Kooks.

Not really much indie, a bit of oasis and ocean colour scene - all sandwiched between spice girls, ntrance and robbie williams :gag:

I'm with you, I'd much rather listen to 90's indie than a night of Bloc Party, Killers et al.

To be honest, that sounds perfect for getting my mates to go to Corp who otherwise wouldn't.

Ew, that sounds horrible then I'll not bother checking that out. What are their other rooms like on Fridays? Room 3 says it's the alternative of the alternative so is it hopefully not full of the same few latest indie hits?

£6 is expensve for what your gettng especially. I used to go alot in the past, but now jst always seem to have a rubbish night. Sorry Corp, you have lost a fan.