Sightseeing trips in Cuba

Not long now GoGo dancer. :thumbsup:

I know!! Just waiting for payday to roll around so we can get our excursions booked. We're booking the overnight to Havana, the catamaran trip to Cayo Blanco is going to be booked for the 25th for my birthday and we might also try and squeeze in the sports fishing if we can drag ourselves away from the beach for long enough!

Sooooooo excited!! :clap:

We went to Havana for 4 nights then Varadero Havana is Brill We did a few trips around Havana but we did a lots of walking. Not much choice in restraunts, and theres no shopping, Cubans have a sort of ration card, and there own currency.

Varadero great for just chilling.

We went with Kuoni we found them very good and relativly cheap. In fact we use them for all our long haul trips.Enjoy I'm so jealous

• 1 month later...
Firstly, congratulations :)

Secondly, beware that the Yanks may take a dim view if you try to visit the USA later on and you've got some Cuban stamps in your passport :o

We wouldn't to see you and your husband on the 9 O'clock News, shackled and dressed in an orange jumpsuit :help:

happylady would quickly become unhappylady :(

Take care

x

LOL since when have the american done that I have been to cuba several times and then on to the USA

Me and hubby are going to Cuba next March for our silver wedding anniversary. Just wondered if anyone has experience of excursion companies out there. We're particularly interested in an overnight visit to Havana

My advice would be to avoid varadero as much as possible. it was a horrible dump of a resort when we went . mind you that was back in 1995 or thereabouts.

we had a guide and travelled round the island. Havana is great full of atmosphere and history. Pinar del rio a beautiful mountainous area teaming with wildlife.

We did the bay of pigs and trinidad tourist runs - both worthwhile.

Have a great time...and take stuff they are short of. the local school will appreciate anything you can give them. paper, pens, etc.

local hospitals / clinincs will appreciate simple stuff like aspirin.

This may give you some other ideas

• 4 weeks later...