Ear mite struggle

abouerooj

my kitten Lula is 11 weeks last sunday.

it seems she has ear mite infection. we went to the vet's yesterday and had some ear drops given to my Lula. The problem is I can not get her to stay still so I can put 5 drops in each ear twice a day. Even with the help of my partner. I do not want to force her as I do not want her to hate me.

need help please.......any advice

Thanks

Thats really difficult with a squirmy little cat, it is important tho to kill off the ear mites or they can eventually cause untold damage, they can live under the skin also which I did not know. I would have another word with your vet and explain the problem, the only thing I can think of at the moment is to wrap your kitty up in a towel (all feet enclosed) tightly and then get the drops down the ears, she will not like it but if theres some nice food waiting after the event she should soon forget...good luck

what about her shaking her head afterward. it seems the medicine never stay in. Plus she just had her vaccinations yesterday. since then, she has been asleep non-stop. is this a normal side effect? and how long is it going to last? my heart is broken, she is usually all over the place

wrap her in a blanket and give her her ear drops that way,

i have a kitten... Marmite, and he had cat flu when he was just 8 weeks old, i had to force feed him and make him drink water from a syringe if i hadn't he would have died.. and now hes fine and still enjoys his cuddles with me :0)

and the injections do make them sleepy, but if you are worried call the vet.

Yeah, I would say that a towel is the easiest way if you're doing it alone!

However April, my now 18 month old cat had a course of ear mite drops when she was about three months old-and anyone who's met her will tell you how feisty she is!-we just had to actually pin her down to get them in. I never hurt her, and she forgot she had face on with me five minutes (and a treat or two) later! It's for her own good, and even though you can't explain it to her, you know youa re doing the right thing!

Can I just say something here? Ignore any vet comments about counting the drops.

Don't suspend the bottle above the ear- grab hold of kitten, put bottle in top of ear, give it a good squeeze, massage drops into all of the folds in the ear, let kitten go and get out of the way of flying Canaural droplets.

It's worked that way at the Shelter for years.

Can I just say something here? Ignore any vet comments about counting the drops.

Don't suspend the bottle above the ear- grab hold of kitten, put bottle in top of ear, give it a good squeeze, massage drops into all of the folds in the ear, let kitten go and get out of the way of flying Canaural droplets.

It's worked that way at the Shelter for years.

"Grab hold of kitten" :hihi:

You only get one go before they realise what you're trying to do don't you?:hihi:

April used to quite like the massaging bit:)

ok I will put my Lula in a towel tonight, grab hold of here close to my chest and give a good squeeze of the ear drop. they are sore, can not massage them.

we are playing with Mr Mouse today to make up for this morning session ...hehe

Looking for a wind up mouse for her as well

"Grab hold of kitten" :hihi:

You only get one go before they realise what you're trying to do don't you?:hihi:

April used to quite like the massaging bit:)

I can't tell you how many ear mite treatments I've administered- it's probably in the thousands by now.

My last litter had ear mite treatments, oral antibiotics AND eye drops. The eye drops were up to 4 times a day too!