Burnt down warehouse, behind tesco- millhouses?

Has anyone any idea about what the old warehouse behind tesco- millhouses is? I went in with a friend the other day and on a board pinned to the wall, it said something about 'Jacobs Material...' thats all there was to be read.

If anyone has any idea or something about it, please could you let me know.

Tom

The old warehouse used to belong to jacobs manufacturing it was a company owend by Frank guylees many years ago.

oh thanks for that..

what did the factory manufacture?

and how long ago was it in use before it was burnt down?

thanks for the reply..

The company made chucks for drills i worked at jacobs in 1960 not shure when it closed or burnt down,Im shure that there was a thread on this sometime ago

The company was indeed Jacobs Chucks. Shutdown Manufacturing in 2002.

The buildings have been on fire more than once but now as they're mostly just a gutted shell there's not much left to burn and they don't even have many kids hanging around as they're so derelict. The last fire was approx. two years ago but most of the damage was well under way although the old office block seems to of been targeted quite a lot in the last year.

Is this the one next to train tracks with all graffiti in?

must see. your work does not go unoticed. ps Tesco are eating up this site.way-to-go

must see. your work does not go unoticed. ps Tesco are eating up this site.way-to-go

What do you mean by ''your work does not go unoticed''?

found link. seen it , well done i cant imagine how much it cost to do a piece , commisioned or not , i helped do one once , it was partialy copied , and familiarly or not sported dancing spray cans , it was a buzz , we/a friend , returned to view years on , and a door had been cut into it , that was modern art