Indian buffets in sheffield

does anyone know where there is 1?

Estikutum at Attercliffe is an all you can eat Indian. It also has some chinese/thai food but when I went it seemed to be mainly Indian. It's pretty nice and a lot better than the only other 'all you can eat' Indian ive been to in Sheffield (Cha Chi's) but this has shut down now anyway.

There was no alcohol licence when I went about six months ago so that's a drawback.

why dont you try us at the

CURRY CANTEEN,

10 Dorking st,

off carlisle st

S4 7LZ.

0114 279 5348.

We do a 3 curries and 1 rice for £3.50.

Choose any 3 curries from 5 with either rice or Nan.

All extras samosa,onion bajee ,drinks etc are £0.50.

Open Mon to Fri for lunch from 12 - 6pm.

Estikutum at Attercliffe is an all you can eat Indian. It also has some chinese/thai food but when I went it seemed to be mainly Indian. It's pretty nice and a lot better than the only other 'all you can eat' Indian ive been to in Sheffield (Cha Chi's) but this has shut down now anyway.

There was no alcohol licence when I went about six months ago so that's a drawback.

Estikutum now has an alcohol licence. The food is pretty good, especially if you stick to the 'indian' side of things.

Estikutum now has an alcohol licence. The food is pretty good, especially if you stick to the 'indian' side of things.

They handed out a questionnaire when I went and one of the questions was about whether you thought they should serve booze. More likely to go back now then.

I didn't try much of the chinese/thai stuff but it seemed to be about 80%- 90% Indian food anyway. Poppadoms were free when I went and they made the naan breads in front you as well.

They handed out a questionnaire when I went and one of the questions was about whether you thought they should serve booze. More likely to go back now then.

I usually like a beer or two with spicy food but, strangely, I quite liked the atmosphere in the old, alcohol-free, Estikutum. This was mainly due to the mix of people using it (many families, from all kinds of different backgrounds, on my early evening visits) and a pleasant hum of conversation and laughter. I wonder if the presence of alcohol will put some people off using the place and might also raise the noise levels and lower the standards of behaviour? Not that I would probably notice after a couple of beers.......

I usually like a beer or two with spicy food but, strangely, I quite liked the atmosphere in the old, alcohol-free, Estikutum. This was mainly due to the mix of people using it (many families, from all kinds of different backgrounds, on my early evening visits) and a pleasant hum of conversation and laughter. I wonder if the presence of alcohol will put some people off using the place and might also raise the noise levels and lower the standards of behaviour? Not that I would probably notice after a couple of beers.......

Ive gone onto their site and the opening hours are 5pm - 10pm so I don't think there will be any problems with the serving of booze in regards to there being bad behaviour etc. I think any problems would be people coming in drunk rather than getting drink in there and even then I reckon it would be 12-1 ish if it was going to happen. I think even Friday/Saturday nights there would be no bad behaviour - maybe more couples than people with kids.

I like a few pints when going out for food especially if ive been boozing before as well. The majority of people don't cause any problems in curry houses and I think the 10pm closing should pretty much stop it anyway - the other all you can eat Indian I went to, Cha-Chis, had a licence 'til about 11 and I never saw trouble or rowdiness in there.

I hadn't stayed away from estikutum 'cos it didn't serve booze but if I was going to choose between an alcohol free and an alcohol serving place I would choose the latter as long as the food was still good. I looked at the booze list on their site and they've gone from one extreme to the other now - I was expecting a couple of different lagers, bitter and a few different bottles of wine but they sell different spirits, different varieties of spirits and cocktails as well as the lager etc.