Neighbours mistreating my cat ...

Joey

my OH's mum's cats sit on my car whenever we visit and all I've ever noticed are muddy footprints.

I find two legged creatures do way more damage and on a very frequent basis. My brand new car was dinged within a week - it had been parked briefly (20 mins) in a supermarket car park. I lost count of the dings on my old car and none of them were caused by me or four legged creatures.

Can you provide a loving home for a rescue kittie ? Rain Rescue Cats

Free/cheap cat neutering please look here Link

That's probably what cat owners rely on, they count as wild animals right, not the owners responsibility.

Yeah that's right, obviously we have no other thoughts in our head when we first get a cat other than the fact that at last we'll get away with putting miniscule little scratches, or worse, muddy foot prints on our neighbours' cars. No come back, the whole weight of the law on our side. Wow, why does anybody NOT want a cat? :rolleyes:

Cats do scratch cars,it doesnt matter how much damage they is,if someone came to buy a car and noticed scatches the potential buyer will try nocking a few hundred quid of the sale price.I wouldnt try hurting the cat but i would hold the owner responsable for the damage,same as if a child scraped the car with a bike i would hold the parents responsable for the cost,as it happens my car is a bit of a shed so i wouldnt be to bothered,but if i paid a few grand i would feel different.

I'm sorry, but I fail to see that in a cars lifetime it will depreciate significantly because of a few scratches that may have been caused by a cats claws. What about the chips you pick up from bits of grit / stones chucked up by other peoples tires when you are driving - perhaps we should hunt them down, show then the evidence and force them to pay for a respray.

If you had that flash a car that every single tiny scratch mattered, surely you would be able to afford some sort of storage, such as a garage to keep it in pristine condition.

Can you provide a loving home for a rescue kittie ? Rain Rescue Cats

Free/cheap cat neutering please look here Link

I'm sorry, but I fail to see that in a cars lifetime it will depreciate significantly because of a few scratches that may have been caused by a cats claws. What about the chips you pick up from bits of grit / stones chucked up by other peoples tires when you are driving - perhaps we should hunt them down, show then the evidence and force them to pay for a respray.

If you had that flash a car that every single tiny scratch mattered, surely you would be able to afford some sort of storage, such as a garage to keep it in pristine condition.

I think you're failing to see the point here. People that do take care of their cars won't want them scratching regardless of how trivial you think it may be. So why the hell would they be happy with a cat they don't even own climbing all over it.

And before you jump all over me for condoning cruelty to cats, I most certainly don't. Surely the owners do have a responsibility to keep their pets under control?

If someone came to buy a car he/she would look for any scatch big or small,anything for an excuse to save a few quid,why should car owners hide cars away from cats,cat owners should take reponsabilty for they pets,same as dog owners do and parents do[well most do]

Surely the owners do have a responsibility to keep their pets under control?

I've told my cats time n time again it's naughty to sit on mine or the neighbours cars. They must have listened to me when I threatened to ground them and stop their pocket money, as they don't do it! :rolleyes:

Either that or the fact that next door have a van, and my bonnet is so sloping they'd fall off anyway...

I don't think I'd be too impressed with cats sitting on my car, but at the end of the day, you cant stop them doing it so moaning at the owners won't do any good. They're FAR too intelligent to take notice of us mere mortals. Squirt water at them by all means, or a loud clap of the hands usually works when mine are doing something unsavoury but hitting them isn't the answer. Not every cat can be an indoor cat.

I've told my cats time n time again it's naughty to sit on mine or the neighbours cars. They must have listened to me when I threatened to ground them and stop their pocket money, as they don't do it! :rolleyes:

Be as sarcastic as you feel the need to be but at the end of the day you have a responsibility to keep your pet under control. If your cat did scratch a car regardless of how insignificant you though the damage to be would you be willing to pay for the damage to be repaired to the owners satisfaction?

May not be a big issue to you but there are many car owners, myself included that wouldn't want a cat climbing on it.

The possible scratches aren't the issue here are they? No. The issue is the method the car owner decided was appropriate to remove the cat. She could have just clapped her hands, shouted or sprayed water at the cat. The stick and the possibility she hit the cat is unacceptable.

Do you not agree?

The possible scratches aren't the issue here are they? No. The issue is the method the car owner decided was appropriate to remove the cat. She could have just clapped her hands, shouted or sprayed water at the cat. The stick and the possibility she hit the cat is unacceptable.

Do you not agree?

Completely agree that hitting the cat is unacceptable as you will have seen when you read my earlier posts. Yes?

What I disagree with is the opinion of a few posters on the thread that think it is acceptable for cats to climb and cause damage to cars because "that's just what cats do."