Markets on Fargate.

You`re not kidding there.

I saw someone, today, buying some sweets, and it came to £7.50, the expression on their faces said it all.

Sod that for a game of soldiers there is a great sweet stall on the moor i always get some sweets from there:) and for a fraction of the price.

I love the markets on Fargate, the only problem is that they render all the benches unusable. I need to sit down periodically!

Being half-greek myself, I thought I'd try various stuff from the Greek stall on Sunday. Very disappointed - the Olive bread was okay, but the spanakopita was all pastry and no filling. Same with the baklava, struggling to find any nuts, plus it was completely soggy, no crispy layers of filo. Rip off.

There'a also another stall that sells baklava - they are selling those clear plastic plates of baklava for £6 when the exact same plates can be bought on Abbeydale Road for £3. From what I can tell, most of the stalls there are severely over-priced, there's no bargains to be had.

Fargate smelt great though.

Yeah I think this market's pretty good, does create a good atmosphere. It can get a bit tight with the space though. I had to get away quickly the other day, it was too hot and too cramped and everyone I walked past kept saying 'cheese'. I thought 'That's Im outta here!'