Canine Hydrotherapy

Aquavet

• 2 months later...

I've been taking my collie spaniel cross Wilf to Aquavet every 2 weeks now since early June. They have now relocated to 13-17 Oak Street, Sheffield, South Yorkshire S8 9UB, 0114 258 3221, not sure we would have had time before but this is great, anyway he was suffering from cruciate ligament damage leading to arthritis and had been ok on liquid Glucosamine and Metacam until earlier this year, but at nearly 11 years old was starting to struggle and I was seriously worried about having to say goodbye before time simply because he couldn't walk. Our wonderful vet tried everything but Wilf had an intolerance to a lot of the newer drugs or they simply didn't help him. Anyway she suggested swimming at Aquavet, we tried it , and can't believe the difference. He was so unsure and struggled a bit the first time, but the staff there are so patient and encouraging, he's come on literally in leaps and bounds, he loves it and so do I watching him enjoy himself and improve so much. I can honestly say he's back to the mobility he had 4 years ago which is wonderful, and the main surprise is the speed of progress, I think I was looking for a wonderdrug when this is a much better solution, - believe me I was sceptical, but I'm delighted and to be honest truly amazed to see him so happy and if I'm honest a bit over confident in that he's stroppy with other dogs in the park now with his new found confidence!

Would recommend this certainly for similar conditions!

Hello!

We just wanted to introduce ourselves. We are Aquavet, a new canine hydrotherapy centre that has opened in Sheffield. What makes Aquavet unique is the fact we are owned by a veterinary surgeon and ran by a degree qualified registered veterinary nurse.

We were aware that a number of people had submitted posts about canine hydrotherapy so we just wanted to let people know that we are based on the A57 next door to Moscar Kennels.

I've been taking my collie spaniel cross Wilf to Aquavet every 2 weeks now since early June. They have now relocated to 13-17 Oak Street, Sheffield, South Yorkshire S8 9UB, 0114 258 3221, not sure we would have had time before but this is great, anyway he was suffering from cruciate ligament damage leading to arthritis and had been ok on liquid Glucosamine and Metacam until earlier this year, but at nearly 11 years old was starting to struggle and I was seriously worried about having to say goodbye before time simply because he couldn't walk. Our wonderful vet tried everything but Wilf had an intolerance to a lot of the newer drugs or they simply didn't help him. Anyway she suggested swimming at Aquavet, we tried it , and can't believe the difference. He was so unsure and struggled a bit the first time, but the staff there are so patient and encouraging, he's come on literally in leaps and bounds, he loves it and so do I watching him enjoy himself and improve so much. I can honestly say he's back to the mobility he had 4 years ago which is wonderful, and the main surprise is the speed of progress, I think I was looking for a wonderdrug when this is a much better solution, - believe me I was sceptical, but I'm delighted and to be honest truly amazed to see him so happy and if I'm honest a bit over confident in that he's stroppy with other dogs in the park now with his new found confidence!

Would recommend this certainly for similar conditions!

We are so glad hydrotherapy has made such a difference to Wilf! He's a lovely dog and a joy to swim.

We look forward to seeing you both at Wilf's next appointment.

• 3 months later...

Our hydrotherapy assistant Caroline is also a qualified dog groomer. Currently she is available for grooming appointments on Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays. If you would like more info or to book your dog in please call us on 0114 258 3221

• 2 years later...
I realise this is a really old thread but is anyone using this currently? Or anywhere else fairly local? We are in S12

I use one on Rutland Road out Hillsborough way, Muppets Canine Therapy and it's the best thing i did for my dog.

She also does other types of massage treatment,treadmill etc and also treats cats.

She is qualified and approved - others in the city aren't either.

If you need a number etc pm me.

Thanks for that, I've actually just been in touch with Kate. It's great to har a recommendation tho. We're just off to the vet with our GSD so after that, I will hopefully be arranging to take him there. Are you able to stay in the room with your dog and watch?

Thanks for that, I've actually just been in touch with Kate. It's great to har a recommendation tho. We're just off to the vet with our GSD so after that, I will hopefully be arranging to take him there. Are you able to stay in the room with your dog and watch?

Yes you are - i stand alongside the pool with him, she always asks for an update on his condition between treatments.She will explain what and why she's doing stuff.

Sam loves her and it really has been of benefit to him.

The main benefit of her accreditation is that all insurance companies will pay for her to treat (if (a) you have insurance and (b) the terms qualify)

(mention Sam the boxer and she'll know who he is)