Another murder in Sheffield City Centre - Uniq Night Club

Every time a serious incident occurs, people say *every other city is just as bad*. EVERY other city isn't necessarily *just as bad*. Yes, lots of places are getting worse in terms of serious crime, including Sheffield. I only lived there for 4 years and i felt that there was more and more serious incidents within that short time.

Point taken.

Although violence on the streets of Sheffield isn't at the level of Gunchester or Shottingham, I agree that it appears to have worsened over the past decade in that the number of incidents seems to rise.

However, this perception may be due to the reporting tactics of the local newspaper which seems to run a "If it bleeds, it leads" editorial policy.

condolences to his family..

as a parent, when you hear about these incidents., it is terrifying.

i wouldnt feel comfortable if my teenage son was in town after midnight.

how on earth has society allowed this to happen??

Point taken about the metal detector on the door however a few months ago in Embrace a lad was stabbed with a bottle!! I like it how the carling academy have plastic bottles for all drinks, other venues should follow suit.

Sheffield is no better than any other city here in Melbourne Aus the state government has had enough and started to close all the clubs and pubs at 2am.

Point taken about the metal detector on the door however a few months ago in Embrace a lad was stabbed with a bottle!! I like it how the carling academy have plastic bottles for all drinks, other venues should follow suit.

Speed garage night strikes again..... Keep well clear of them like Genital Warts!:mad:

Isn't it a sad state of affairs when grown ups can't be trusted with glass bottles. I must admit i always feel safe in Sheffield but don't really like when my oh goes out i worry till he comes home i work an the hospital and see the level of violence daily, its very worrying especially when you meet the people for whom its just a fact of life.

yes we had plastic glasses aswell and no bottles we,re givin out ,they went straight into the plastic glasses be4 being handed over to the customer.

Speed garage night strikes again..... Keep well clear of them like Genital Warts!:mad:

was,nt speed garage:nono:

What baffles me is how do people manage to get knives inside clubs in the first place? Are there no searches at the door? Why not have those walk through metal detectors they have at airports? Innocent people (still the vast majority thnakfully) would welcome this and any inconvenience it caused would be minor. Really a law should be brought in quickly to make these devices compulsary at all clubs and city centre bars. Also, clubs licences should be revoked more easily if they are having problems with violence or drugs generally.

yes i agree well said

Good point about the plastic glasses and no bottles. Football grounds were doing this years ago. Also more prisons and tougher sentences needed.

Also more prisons and tougher sentences needed.

Yes, but do you want a prison in your back yard?