Dyson Hoover Problem

Does your Henry have the turbo brush though? Having pets really means you need a powered brush :(

LG - buy LG our Mam has one and had no problems with it unlike me and my Dyson!!

:P

I too have dyson and i dont recomend them one bit.fall to bits in my hands.

I now got a electrolux hilite model z2925.they for pet hairs and bagless and imo they get the pet hairs up like magic and better then dysons anyday,very light and tools on them.i recomend these to any pet owner.

Originally posted by Strix

Does your Henry have the turbo brush though? Having pets really means you need a powered brush :(

I did look into the turbo brush thing - I've got 2 cats who love to spread hair everywhere. I looked into the Henry with turbo brush, think they'tre about £140ish. Would be interested to see how much better they are.

My Henry does seem to do a better job than my old Dyson at sucking up cat hairs though.

I'm sure you can get a generic turbo brush for Henry for around £20-25. Try Killi's Cleaners at Attercliffe or on the Orgreave industrial Estate in Handsworth

Originally posted by uniB

I did look into the turbo brush thing - I've got 2 cats who love to spread hair everywhere. I looked into the Henry with turbo brush, think they'tre about £140ish. Would be interested to see how much better they are.

My Henry does seem to do a better job than my old Dyson at sucking up cat hairs though.

forgot to say that the hover i got for pet hairs also come with a turbo brush and works wonders on chairs ect..my cleaner only cost me £70 brand new.

Does your's have plastic or Steel tubes Spinny? Henry was always the cheapest available with durable steel tubes ;)

Originally posted by Strix

Does your's have plastic or Steel tubes Spinny? Henry was always the cheapest available with durable steel tubes ;)

My got the plastic one im afraid.can not have steel as my rottweiler like to chew on em :rolleyes:

But the hover i got at that price is even better then dyson.that why i got it in first place.

Bloody awful things Dysons. I particularly dislike the amound of carpet that winds up in them :mad:

What are those vacuum cleaners that cost about 18 thousand pounds and look like they're from 1952 that door to door sales people sell - generally to old people who haven't got the abilty to tell them to go away - are they a con or are they actually worth 18 thousand pounds?

It's a Kirby

http://www.kirby.com/gb/story02.shtml

but they are immensely practical if you have a 20 bedroom mansion with parquet floors etc, because they can have attachments for re-sanding floors and a plethora of other things none of us will ever be able to justify spending that amount of money on for a domestic vacuum cleaner ;)

In 1988 I remember a Kirby sales man begging me to buy a vacuum cleaner for £400.

For the demo he sprinkled salt on the carpet and ran it over a fag to show how the tobacco was removed & not the paper. He then sucked up all the dead skin off my bed...lovely

Was a fantastic piece of cleaning equipment but we decided to buy a Fiesta instead and go to Skeggy.