Rumour Mill - Yanks Interested in blades?

matt1889

Again it's one from the toungue, supposedly another good source inside the club but who knows, it could just turn out to be another game of chinese whispers, but according to my source this came from a certain important figure within The Blades promotions department (no names mentioned).

United have been away with and are to welcome to BDTBL some time within the next week or so, a group of American investors who have the view to become the majority share-holders in SUFC.

The investors (un-named), are said to be current owners of a well known American sporting team in which-ever sport they play, who also own a significant stake within America's gambling / entertainments market. Supposedly fronted by 3 significant investors, the group hope to make a move into the British Football market, and with our current share-holders possibly looking to off-load to move onto new pastures, our previous success in the last couple of years and the prospect of greater achievements in the next couple of years, The Blades are said to be a perfect investment for the group!

The club officially released this week that Blackwell has been to New York this week to meet with some American counter-parts, however didn't go into great detail as to what it was regarding in full.

What do we all think about this, I don't know what to think to be fair??? Im trying not to read into it too much, like I said i've heard again that its from a good source within the Blades promotions department, and the person who told me has in the past has in all fairness told me a handful of things that have turned out to be true, often before the media get a grip of it, therefore who knows???

Also feel free to add to the poll below, Would you be happy if United Chose to sell out to a group of American Investors??? Please add comments!!

UP THE BLADES

M1

Didn't Blackwell meet McCabe in New York for a meeting to discuss his contract?

It doesn't suprise me that investors from across the pond are looking at United but for me i wouldn't want the boat rocking until we were established in the prem and needed further finance to take the club to the next level.

For me not at the moment.

By the way lovely and hot here enjoying the sun and found last night to the wife's dissmay the sports bar and managed to get on the computer as well.

What got into the board to appoint Robson in the first place when it was well known in football circles he is a duffer. I wanted Blackwell in the to replace Warnock since I perhaps wrongly believed it was him behind the good run before promotion. Warnock has proved he's one of the best managers in English football, I only hope Palace win the P/O and he goes on to even bigger things. I can't see us being in the Champioship after next season we've got to be favourites for promotion.

Congratulations to Wednesday, let's hope they build on their recent success and do better next season.