Around Lady Bower

I walked the distance, it took me 13h 10min, if you want to know it exactly...

I walked the distance, it took me 13h 10min, if you want to know it exactly...

Do not over stretch yourself or later in life you will pay for it.

Cut the distance down about 7 to 10 Kilometer's.

or you will strain your muscle tendons and regret it later in life.

The paths will be here tomorrow to be walked. If you strain you muscles you wont be able to walk them.

Did you get out of Alport Dale via path up to Alport Castles or over the Westend Clough?

Hi,

I got out of Alport Dale via the path up to Alport Castles. I can't find something called Westend Clough...

I'm don't think, I will get big problems due to the walking, I have seen quite old men (one of them was 72), who were still able to walk more then 200km in a row. Some of them did stuff like 84,4km in distance and 8850m in altitude in less than 24h (a stairs run to get the height of the Mount Everest near my hometown). They seemed quite fit...

There are really extreme people in this world, if your are interessted:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ultramarathon

I think, one shoud know the own borders and extend them slowly...

Best wishes

Edit: I should add, that on of the guys of the stairs run did 144 laps in 24h, that means 12741m of altitude and 121.5km in distance, this guy is 55 ;)... another nice record of him: (but he had already beaten it)

http://www.kurthess.ch/html/englisch_ubersetzung_1.html

Hi,

I got out of Alport Dale via the path up to Alport Castles. I can't find something called Westend Clough...

I'm don't think, I will get big problems due to the walking, I have seen quite old men (one of them was 72), who were still able to walk more then 200km in a row. Some of them did stuff like 84,4km in distance and 8850m in altitude in less than 24h (a stairs run to get the height of the Mount Everest near my hometown). They seemed quite fit...

There are really extreme people in this world, if your are interessted:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ultramarathon

I think, one shoud know the own borders and extend them slowly...

Best wishes

Edit: I should add, that on of the guys of the stairs run did 144 laps in 24h, that means 12741m of altitude and 121.5km in distance, this guy is 55 ;)... another nice record of him: (but he had already beaten it)

http://www.kurthess.ch/html/englisch_ubersetzung_1.html

In my Cycling Days, A man named Ken Lowe who lived at Eccelsfield and was employed at Brightside Foundry on a Slotting Machine, use to say exactly the same thing to me, as I'm saying to you. Life goes in a circle!! In another forty years you'll be saying the same!! When I was sixty, I could do twenty plus miles. These days, I'm satisfied with six or eight, ( In fact, I'm glad I can walk, some people can't!! ).

After leaving Alport Castles the path you took, eventually came down through the plantation to the Howden Dam. Where you would have turned right to join the road, then left to the end of the Dam and the Bridge.

If you had turned left at the bottom of the plantation and followed the stream, you would have joined Westend Clough upto the Barrow Stones.

You could also have continued up Alport Dale to almost the top and bear right, to go up and over a spur, down to Westend Clough, then straight on, up and over, to almost Slipper Stones then on to the bridge.

The last time I was up at Alport Castles, I turned right to locate a trig point for reference, then dropped down into the Westend Clough and followed the River Westend back to where I'd started at Howden Dam. That would be thirty odd years ago.