Chapel walk haunted?

I work in the Samaritans shop on Chapel Walk, downstairs in the store room, you can often hear doors banging, but this is just the wind we are also connected to Victoria Hall. Anyway its not the dead you should be afraid of, its the living and I have never seen a ghost or felt one.

RDS

I have heard that boots is haunted and a few other places in close proximity i suppose building on top of a burial site isnt ideal whether bodies have been moved or not.

Hi Woodbine. Which Boots are you talking about?

The one on High Street is not built over a graveyard. The original graveyard at the cathedral only extended as far as the supertram tracks hence the need to remove the remains before laying the tracks.

We have a book about haunted places in Sheffield, and Chapel Walk is in it, apparently people have reported feeling like someone has hold of their ankles when they walk down there.

We have this book too. It's very interesting and as you say Chapel Walk is in there too. Reports of the walkway being built over an old graveyard so there are graves beneath the shops and walking areas. I've never walked down there alone at night before but it doesn't surprise me that folks feel creepy down there. :)

Of course Chapel Walk is not haunted by ghosts - if ghosts are anything they are a merely some nerve function irregularities in some people's brains. Those who haven't had or don't have those irregularities may still believe in existence of ghosts but they are deluded - another brain malfunction.

another mrs i know everything

All i do is have some michael jackson blazing through my ipod into my ears and keep walking...load of ******, lol. Never felt scared.

and another........................

:loopy:

Boots and the Dove and Rainbow are haunted by a ghost of a man named John, about 2 feet under the pavement on chapel walk are bodies of former Sheffield residents, so it could be haunted who knows.

only 2 feet?? isnt it 6?:o

Of course Chapel Walk is not haunted by ghosts - if ghosts are anything they are a merely some nerve function irregularities in some people's brains. Those who haven't had or don't have those irregularities may still believe in existence of ghosts but they are deluded - another brain malfunction.

Do you believe in god?

I believe in God and will not be fearful of death, because I sincerely hope to go to heaven and be with Jesus.

AMEN

RDS

Well if that's not delusion I don't know what is, but hey, each to their own :)