Quad bikes, can you drive on public road?

Hi,

Are you allowed to drive these on a public road? A couple on our road, not teenagers either, keep tearing about on one of these. Its so noisy and fast the driver and passenger haven't got helmets on. :huh:

Don't mind them when used properly, off road or farms etc, but surely if you could go on the road in them we'd all have one for work, save on petrol etc!

Thanks for any help.

yes you completely can

as long as its taxed and insured

:)

Deepak

certainly can -I saw a bloke on a black one up on woodseats getting sick of the traffic on saturday :hihi:

He had stupid indicators though but luckily had enough sense for a helmet

Hi,

Are you allowed to drive these on a public road? A couple on our road, not teenagers either, keep tearing about on one of these. Its so noisy and fast the driver and passenger haven't got helmets on. :huh:

Don't mind them when used properly, off road or farms etc, but surely if you could go on the road in them we'd all have one for work, save on petrol etc!

Thanks for any help.

Don't think they need helmets but certainly should have a number plate tax and (wonder how they do it) test...and probably insurance too

101 the little gits...

Don't think its got a number plate or tax disc, but its going that fast I can't see one!

I'd 101 it. Technically you probably could 999 it but unless you think it is realisticly life threatening - don't.

Thanks Dave, I wouldn't 999 it, but its annoying with the noise, seems to be quieter times when the roads aren't busy thats why I wondered if they were legal.

off course they are legal I Have a 250CC ON A 2006 plate all perfectly legal taxed and insured I get some strange looks on the MI when I go to leeds on it,the majority think they are not legal

you DON'T need a helmet either. That's some pretty crazy laws going on, what with a count of pretty much one celebrity per christmas nearly killing themselves on them (Ric Mayall and Ozzy Osbourne spring to mind).

Wish there was something you could do about these - every weekend our little road turns into a racing track for idiots on these machines. The noise is unbelievable and added to that is the speed they go - I can't believe there have been no kids knocked down or cars crashed into yet. They have number plates, so I'm assuming from the posts above they are fully legal. Aargghh!!