Resturant for Valentines Day

gmstah

Shapla at the bottom of the Moor is lovely Indian food and the fellas in there are dead lovely - all us ladies got flowers when we left there recently after our meal. if you booked it and said it's for Valentine's Day I'm sure they'd be ultra nice to you!!

:)

Originally posted by gmstah

Anyone got any recommendations for a nice romantic place to take the g/f for valentines day. Not too pricey but nice. We're into indian, chinese or mexican.

Thanks Guys

Golden Dragon (just off the moor) or Candy town (London Road) are both excellent Chinese restaurants :thumbsup:

La Bamba at the bottom of the moor is meant to be a pretty good Latino restaurant also.

Originally posted by gmstah

Anyone got any recommendations for a nice romantic place to take the g/f for valentines day. Not too pricey but nice. We're into indian, chinese or mexican.

Thanks Guys

Why not cook for your girlfriend? Spend the same amount that you would on normally going out for the meal and make her a fantastic meal with fine wine. I'm a trained chef and avid wine enthusiast and would be happy to offer advice on recipes & wines if you like :-)

Although my tastes lean towards Hillsborough / Walkley these two are spot on in my opinion

Chinese - Excelsior, opposite Hillsborough Park. the chef's specials are great, Shredded crispy chicken in chili peking sauce, in a birds nest .mmmmmmmmmmm

Indian - Royal Spice South Road. Not been there long and my fave Indian eat in or take away. The onion Bahgees are to die for and the curries are exactly as hot or as mild as they should be.

Archived