The intimidating behaviour of doorstep salesmen

Ask them to leave, if that doesn't work, inform them they are now trespassing.

The law allows a landowner to use reasonable force to compel such a person to leave.

Yelling "get orf moi laaaand!" is optional.

I didn't let her in --

I just thought that she might use that method to get into other people's houses. I wasn't impressed!

repeat after me...

I am not interested, good bye!

then close the door door

repeat:-

I am not interested good bye

then close the door...

rinse, and repeat as often as necessary

it works!

PT

Originally posted by stelps

A woman called at my house yesterday from TalkTalk saying that she "wanted to check if [my] phone had been set up for cheaper calls last Tuesday"...

I had a woman from Talk Talk at my house too last night, she just wouldn't take no for an answer and in the end I had to shut the door, and as I did so she muttered "Well, you've had your chance."

It made me really angry so I immediatley wrote a complaint to Talk Talk...

"I do not appreciate being interrupted at dinner time by an

unnaceptably persistant sales person. I suggest you train your staff

to understand that the words I AM NOT INTERESTED THANKS said over and over again indicates that I AM NOT INTERESTED, that they should apologise for taking up my time, and leave, rather than continue to badger me before sulking off saying "Well you had your chance". Make sure this does not happen, because I have a really ****ing short temper.

I live in **************, Sheffield. This should allow you to

discover which sales person I am talking about and re-train them."

It won't make any difference of course, as this particular salesperson has probably bullied enough people into signing up to Talk Talk that they make too much money from her to discipline her. I probably shouldn't have sworn in my email too, but companies like nPower and Talk Talk that use bully tactics are scum that deserve as little respect as possible.

Scottish Power??!! Just before Christmas a friend of mine had a guy turn up on her drive as she got back from picking her kid up from school. Started the hard sell & she told him it was a bad time as she was busy - she couldn't even get the kid out of the car as he was standing by the door. Started getting aggressive so she asked him politely to get off her drive. He started to go but told her she should be careful who she was talking to as he worked for 'the government'. At this point she laughed, he went ballistic and got his mobile phone out, saying he was ringing someone to come and sort her out. By this time the kid was out of the car and crying because she thought someone was coming to hurt them or take her mummy away. He was 'talking' to someone and said, "oh, you want to know her address, do you?" He looked at the house number and then said to her, "What road am I on?" Her answer was short and sharp and he was still ranting till he saw some other people he could hassle and went off. She was a bit shaken by this and asked around her neighbours, finding they'd had problems with him too. His name was Jamie and a fortnight after she reported him to Scottish Power they said they'd disciplined and re-trained him and that he'd wanted to come round and apologise in person!!! Yeah right, that would be a really good idea....sorry for the long post, just wondering if this is the same guy???? This happened in S10.

Guest bostonaire

irene are you sister of ian?

I have to agree I HATE THIS with a passion. I've had people come to my door, asking about double glazing, and getting arsey with me because I'm not interested before they even speak!

HOW DARE THEY!

I don't buy at the door. If I want to buy ANYTHING (and that includes changing fuel suppliers), I will research it, find the best price/deal, and buy. NOT get bullied into buying something on my doorstep when I haven't even invited them to talk to me.

I will be polite and say "No thank you" before they start, but they better watch out if they continue after that. I will lose my rag! Coming to MY house and having a go at ME! I'm the same when people cold call me via telephone. I will be polite at first but don't hold me up any further than that.

**Can anyone tell that door to door salesmen wind me up?**

Originally posted by nitelife40

irene are you sister of ian?

Nope!